Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    Bowling Green HoF
    ???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    What else is new...

2. Collapse Details

I went to UChicago, and I got a routine message from the UC athletic department about a call for nominations for the athletic hall of fame. A guy that I ran with, but wasn't really close to, should have been inducted by that time, which baffled me. So I wrote a quick nomination, figuring that his closer friends would have already nominated him. He got inducted in the next year, and his plaque citing his accomplishments is almost verbatim of what my quick nomination said.

Maybe it is time for someone to nominate Mr. Wottle.

Edit: In fact, here is the nomination web page (maybe not for current year): https://bgsufalcons.com/news/2018/4/...-now-open.aspx Not sure who can nominate, but there it is.
    Last edited by mcgato; 09-15-2019 at 01:38 AM.

3. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Pretty nutty...at Oregon my brother who was on the gymnastics team 40 years ago is in the HOF and he didn't even win an NCAA title let alone an Olympic gold...

4. Collapse Details

That’s me quoted above. To be clear, Wottle is in the BG Hall of Fame. This is an extra accolade that he has not been given.

Upon further research, this “Cast of Honor” is athletes whose jersey numbers have been retired. Which means, of course, that athletes in individual-based sports aren’t part of the conversation, a foolish thing for a mid-major university that will never be a national power in any team sport (the hockey glory days are not coming back) but can compete for individual championships. Someone who wanted to be a PITA could point out that the majority of women’s athletes on this campus are thus ineligible, and I might just be that guy.

This is a failure of imagination by whichever AD or SID thought up this thing, because they’re just didn’t think it through. I work with an associate AD at every home track meet and I’m going to give him hell about this every time.
    Last edited by AyZiggy; 09-15-2019 at 03:00 AM.