Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Thanks for the tips.. last year I was able to watch most European meets thru links people posted that I never understood.. I have a couple of ESPN and NBC Sports channels.I guess I have a week to figure it out.. will shop around.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    Peter Matthews, Rob Walker and Steve Ovett are, I believe, on the IAAF YouTube channel, which is good by our old standard, but can't approach the NBC Gold stuff. I expect Hutchings will be on NBC Gold, probably with Chris Dennis. I was in London, so I didn't watch any of that coverage.
    In 2017 NBC Gold/Olympic Channel used the IAAF commentary feed. Hutchings and Dennis were on Eurosport IIRC.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    Thanks for the tips.. last year I was able to watch most European meets thru links people posted that I never understood.. I have a couple of ESPN and NBC Sports channels.I guess I have a week to figure it out.. will shop around.
    NBC will televise plenty of Doha live on its NBCS and Olympic channels, mostly the afternoon and evening sessions. Since the morning sessions are in the middle of the night, that will be enough for me.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    NBC will televise plenty of Doha live on its NBCS and Olympic channels, mostly the afternoon and evening sessions. Since the morning sessions are in the middle of the night, that will be enough for me.
    Morning sessions in the middle of the night? I don't see any morning sessions (Doha time) on the schedule. Perhaps I am misunderstanding your post.

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    road events starting after midnight Doha time

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    Morning sessions in the middle of the night? I don't see any morning sessions (Doha time) on the schedule. Perhaps I am misunderstanding your post.
    Sorry, I misspoke.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

7. Collapse Details

Administrator
    If you are in the USA and you are a hardcore enough fan that you are posting here on this message board, you really ought to be doing everything possible to scrape together the money for the NBC old subscription, if you desire world champs coverage beyond what is on TV.

People asking about NBC blocking VPNs have it backwards. There is nothing NBC can do to block an American from using a VPN to watch a non-USA stream.

If someone outside the US wants to use a USA VPN and pay NBC for the sports gold coverage, it seems like it would be in NBC's best interest to allow that.

NBC streams nothing for free. You either have to get coverage over the air, through a cable/satellite login, or through sports gold.

As a sports gold subscriber who cannot get NBC over the air and does not have a cable/satellite login, I cannot access the NBC coverage, only the sports gold coverage, which is annoying.

I mean the sports gold coverage is better, I just feel like if I pay $$$$ I should get all the NBC T&F coverage.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    If you are in the USA and you are a hardcore enough fan that you are posting here on this message board, you really ought to be doing everything possible to scrape together the money for the NBC old subscription
    AND . . . you need to get two monitors -
    one for the track stream in the main tab, but multiple tabs available for the live results,
    and one for the field events streams (multiple tabs!).

The DLs are great fun when you're doing the above. The WC will not be as frenetic, but still a necessary means of imbibing the experience!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by polevaultpower View Post
    to scrape together the money for the NBC old subscription,
    Talk about a Freudian typo.

10. Collapse Details

Money no problem and I have and one unused desktop computer and two unused monitors sitting here.. now what?
    Last edited by lonewolf; 09-18-2019 at 05:38 PM.