Facts, Not Fiction

Page 13 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Ok, I am a complete doofus.. I just subscribed to NBCSportsGold, got ID and Password.. cannot find anyplace to sign in.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    Ok, I am a complete doofus.. I just subscribed to NBCSportsGold, got ID and Password.. cannot find anyplace to sign in.
    https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/track...ield/schedule#

3. Collapse Details

I am on the website with schedule, Watch Now tells me to Sign In..., I cannot find a Sign In place... Help says it is at top of screen. . not my screen. there is a faded out Sign In center right that will not take entry.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    I cannot find a Sign In place... Help says it is at top of screen. . not my screen.
    In the link Atticus posted, the Sign In button is in the upper right corner.

sign in.JPG

5. Collapse Details

Yep.. been there.. discovered I was already signed in.. signed out.. then signed in.. cannot activate any of the archived events..hopefully, I will figure it out by 0800 tomorrow

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Fortius19 View Post
    The Gold package sounds amazing, but I don't really have the time to watch everything. The last couple WC have been shown in great detail just on TV/Cable.

As much as I would love to take 10 days vacation and stay home all day watching T&F, I'm saving my vacation for travel.
    The NBCGold has a replay function. I often watch much of it that way. Some times I watch several of the field options and then watch the main Track Events feed (the only one with commentary for standard meets) I can fast forward through to get what I most want to see (I usually do not need to go through introductions, etc.

My big frustration with NBC Gold is that Uverse does not play nice with it and it will not load. So, I have to watch on my phone - I now have gotten a couple old tablets so I can watch on their bigger screens. But while a small screen is a pain, it provides almost all of the information of the race/event and as gh said that is key. I often avoid the board until I am done watching the replay. Also, this works better when there is more of a world going on around me.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    when the pace is pedestrian I head for the loo...don't wait all this time to see a race slower than some HS races...tactics don't cut it at championship level..but we can agree to disagree on this point, right? And, btw, if, by some chance, someone set a WR in the 800 or 1500 at WC's I bet it would make the local news...otherwise, zero coverage.
    Clear sign of someone that does not understand a race. Two of the best 800s ever at a champs level are London 2012 and the one where everyone was in it with 50m to go and many were within the 5-meter box.

As was said before you have to see each part of the race as pieces in a puzzle. If you wan the results, go to the results page. Do you want to watch a chess match by seeing the first two moves and the last two? When I am watching a marathon on tape I try to see several 1-2 minute segments every mile or two to watch the race (2x or 7x speed in between and past ads (except on NBC Gold where they are absent)). [Yes, I keep firm possession of my LDR card]

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Clear sign of someone that does not understand a race.
    That was clearly uncalled for. Try again.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Clear sign of someone that does not understand a race. Two of the best 800s ever at a champs level are London 2012 and the one where everyone was in it with 50m to go and many were within the 5-meter box.

As was said before you have to see each part of the race as pieces in a puzzle. If you wan the results, go to the results page. Do you want to watch a chess match by seeing the first two moves and the last two? When I am watching a marathon on tape I try to see several 1-2 minute segments every mile or two to watch the race (2x or 7x speed in between and past ads (except on NBC Gold where they are absent)). [Yes, I keep firm possession of my LDR card]
    I understand a lot more than you do but I will not get in to a pissing match with a skunk!

10. Collapse Details

Sorry if I may have been a prick about what I was trying to say, and Atticus knows more about this sport than I do. My thinking is that if you think that you understand a distance race by seeing the last two laps, I do not think that you have a very good understanding of the race (i.e., that it tells you most everything about a race).

How a runner gets to those last two laps, and especially that last lap and where they are in that lap and what they have possibly done to their competitors, etc., all of that matters.

Finally, if you both think that a race is a waste if it goes slow and then finishes very fast and you think that all that really matters are the last two laps, then tell me exactly why you give a dxxx what the first N-2 laps went like?