Facts, Not Fiction

Page 15 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I cannot believe we are continuing to move backwards in our coverage of the sport.

DOES ANY SPORT HATE ITS FANS AS MUCH AS T&F DOES????

There is a camera crew at each field event pit. We have had dedicated streams for each in the past.

Why don't we this year? Not sure any country has them, as far as I can tell.

We have hardcore fans willing to pay $$$ to watch field event streams. The big expenses are in having the crews at each pit.

It is 2019 and the only way to watch the field event prelims is to pay $$$ to travel to Doha and see it in person.

2. Collapse Details

On television, the Gold feed started with Barker and Meadows, but now has switched to the Olympic Channel broadcast with the regular NBC crew. Additionally, the tv feed is peppered with commercials in between heats.

3. Collapse Details

"Block Cam" what a waste of technology!
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

4. Collapse Details

Same thought.

Although it might prove useful lin false start replays, I do not find the "block cam" as a particularly special innovation.

5. Collapse Details

Meh I'm over it. T&F can keep crying about viewers and appealing to the new generation, but if you literally have to break your back to view the major championship then whatever happens happens.

With that being said I'm live stream on IAAF's YouTube page. First championships new graphics have been introduced, and new interactive features like 'Block Cam' during the 100m heats.

Not sure who these announcers are, the male voice I've heard before but overall this a new broadcast team for the IAAF stream at a World Champs.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by br View Post
    On television, the Gold feed started with Barker and Meadows, but now has switched to the Olympic Channel broadcast with the regular NBC crew. Additionally, the tv feed is peppered with commercials in between heats.
    WTF?? We paid for no commercials!

7. Collapse Details

The Gold feed isn't showing commercials. You are probably watching the NBCSN feed

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HopStepJump View Post
    The Gold feed isn't showing commercials. You are probably watching the NBCSN feed
    You are correct sir - thanks! At some point I had to reboot the Roku and accidentally picked up the wrong feed.

9. Collapse Details

O'Brien in the call room, but they mixed the audio from Meadows/Barker with his. Oops!
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

10. Collapse Details

W SC coming up. How much will we see?
    Alan Shank