Facts, Not Fiction

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    I am frustrated that NBC Gold and Uverse cannot 'talk' to each other so that I cannot get the feed on my computer (a desktop). I dug up two old tablets so I was watching the three feeds using WiFi for the tablets (not on a data plan).
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Are you saying you can only watch NBC Gold on your tablets and not your desktop?
    Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Yes, that is exactly my problem.
    Try disabling the ad blocker on your computer.

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    screw "penultimate": not sure if I ever imitated him, but back in the day when Bob Hersh ruled, he would regularly slip in "antepenultimate" and on at least one occasion "preantiepenultimate"!
    Antepenultimate is another fine word....

Sadly I was unaware of preantepenultimate...but now that I know it I have another word to annoy my Hayward Field seatmates....who didn't like penultimate let alone antepenultimate....
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 10-08-2019 at 08:32 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post

Sadly I was unaware of preantepenultimate...but now that I know it I have another word to annoy my Hayward Field seatmates....who didn't like penultimate let alone antepenultimate....
    If you really want to mess with their heads, talk about how important the postpenultimate step is in take-off.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bhall View Post
    Now what I would really like to see from NBC Sports Gold is 2 videos, one of track and one of field, that have all of the action condensed with no intros or pauses. 100% action. Pretty Please!
    Hear, hear!!
    This was very good coverage on NBC Gold -- the separate streams for field-event finals, showing the race in a window while showing field attempts.
    The last couple of days, though, they started switching cameras right when the gun went off, instead of a few seconds sooner. Block cam was totally unnecessary and useless. Get rid of that.
    For Tokyo, I hope to see streams for field-event qualifying and a races-only stream, which they did in Rio and London.

The laser shows (not NBC's issue) were spectacular the first time, pretty impressive the 2nd time, then...
    Clearly not the best prep for the athletes, either.
    Put a sock in Rob Walker's mouth, the "arbiter of insight".
    I have to fire up PureVPN and watch some of the IAAF YouTube stuff, which I imagine has better commentating, but lacks the dedicated field-event streams, a serious drawback.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    wish I had been there, instead of in Woodland, CA, USA

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post

Apparently for the next level one can choose between suprapreantepenultimate and propreantepenultimate.

http://www.worldwidewords.org/weirdwords/ww-pre3.htm

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    I have to fire up PureVPN and watch some of the IAAF YouTube stuff, which I imagine has better commentating
    I wouldn't say that at all.

7. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by wamego relays champ View Post
    Apparently for the next level one can choose between suprapreantepenultimate and propreantepenultimate.

Of course the other direction is the ultimate lap which I have to admit I don't think I have ever heard....it sounds very weird... perhaps the anti-prenultimate crowd have a point....

8. Collapse Details

Administrator
    the ability to go to the NBC Gold archive and call up a replay of any of the field event finals is. just over-the-top awesome

9. Collapse Details

I agree it is awesome, but wish the replays would remain available after the start of the next season. In my opinion, such service would be over-the-top.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wamego relays champ View Post

Here's where I first learned the word antepenultimate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW_zi8n4HDQ