Facts, Not Fiction

Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    For a 4-hour window, there is much less than an hour's worth of action. How does avoiding the non-essential blather DQ my card-carrying status?!
    You can keep your card for now!

2. Collapse Details

I dont see it on NBC gold but is there a feed anywhere for the mens pole vault qualifying round? In 2017 they had that. I remember Mondo making 5.70 as a scrawny 17 year old on his third attempt to qualify.

3. Collapse Details

when the pace is pedestrian I head for the loo...don't wait all this time to see a race slower than some HS races...tactics don't cut it at championship level..but we can agree to disagree on this point, right? And, btw, if, by some chance, someone set a WR in the 800 or 1500 at WC's I bet it would make the local news...otherwise, zero coverage.
    Last edited by thedoorknobbroke; 09-24-2019 at 03:38 AM.

4. Collapse Details

I've just realized Eurosport is not showing Doha 2019!!!

I'm certain that Eurosport has done all the World Champs since 2003 (since I've had that channel in my house), but maybe even before that. That is sad news!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pakilo View Post
    I've just realized Eurosport is not showing Doha 2019!!!

I'm certain that Eurosport has done all the World Champs since 2003 (since I've had that channel in my house), but maybe even before that. That is sad news!
    In what country?

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Jshapco2 View Post
    I dont see it on NBC gold but is there a feed anywhere for the mens pole vault qualifying round? In 2017 they had that. I remember Mondo making 5.70 as a scrawny 17 year old on his third attempt to qualify.
    German tv will have a stream for mPV & mDT, you'll need a vpn: https://www.zdf.de/sport/leichtathle...eil-1-100.html

7. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    I want to see all of the 1500.. for the 5000 and 10,000 show me first and last two laps.
    that is about right, 1500m is all one needs to see of a 5k or 10k.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    that is about right, 1500m is all one needs to see of a 5k or 10k.
    Depends on the race. I imagine i would have enjoyed watching every second of Ron Clarke breaking the world record by more than 30 seconds because it was such a sensational run. But that discussion once again shows, athletics just needs to utilise technology readily available. There is absolutely no reason not to show EVERYTHING with simultanous streams, so that long distance fans can watch an entire 10k while field event fans can follow their preferred events.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by norunner View Post
    There is absolutely no reason not to show EVERYTHING with simultanous streams, so that long distance fans can watch an entire 10k while field event fans can follow their preferred events.
    Certainly agree with that. Too often TV tries to tell us what they think we should want to see and they're not even close, so just stream it all - you've already got all the feeds in the control truck, so just turn on all the spigots!

10. Collapse Details

Four laps is all I can watch without being bored. The 5k & 10k are there for focusing on field events, taking bio breaks and socializing.

That said, NBCGold should have a dedicated track-races only channel. Cutaways from distance races to field events that have their own dedicated feed is BS.
    Last edited by bad hammy; 09-24-2019 at 02:14 PM.