Facts, Not Fiction

Page 24 of 28 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

It's pretty hard to beat streaming the three NBC Gold feeds simultaneously. Other than being there in person, of course.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HopStepJump View Post
    It's pretty hard to beat streaming the three NBC Gold feeds simultaneously. Other than being there in person, of course.
    Even better, I can use my own bathroom!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HopStepJump View Post
    I'm perfectly happy with NBC Gold. Today, I watched the track events, women's discus, and men's high jump, all at the same time. I paused the field events for a couple minutes during the track races. After each race finished, I quickly went back to view the field event jumps or throws that I missed.

4. Collapse Details

Even the in-stadium presentation couldn't keep up with everything that was going on at once. They never did show a re-play of end of the steeple, which I really wanted to see because from where I was sitting, I thought Kipruto had lost. But the video boards kept switching to other things. (Not complaining, mind you. I'd always rather be at a meet than at home watching it on tv or on my computer.)

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by uakari View Post
    oh puleeeze, they certainly showed enough of the mHJ, including plenty of barshim’s celebration, and almost every jump. they showed almost nothing of the wDT. it smacks of sexism to me.
    If the meet was in Havana or Dubrovnik and the focus was on the high jump, I might agree with you. But it suggests anyone like me who streamed mHJ but not wDT at the same time as the main feed is sexist. Not buying it.

6. Collapse Details

Administrator
    not all events are created equal, particularly when there's a local rooting interest

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Master403 View Post
    If the meet was in Havana or Dubrovnik and the focus was on the high jump, I might agree with you. But it suggests anyone like me who streamed mHJ but not wDT at the same time as the main feed is sexist. Not buying it.

ok, who said anything about you? i'm glad you have to option to watch whatever event you want to, i'm talking about the broadcaster choosing to cut away from a WR performance in the w 400 mh and to totally ignore w DT, to focus on a male event. some of us didn't have any choice there...

8. Collapse Details

to focus on a male event
    if there's been any 'ism' in the telecast to date, it's been 'throw-ism', not sexism.

9. Collapse Details

in my stream, they cut off the celebration of the WR in w400mh to focus on the mHJ, so disrespectful!!!!!! and then they showed nothing of wDT ...
    Not only did they not show the celebration of the WR, they also didn't show a slow-mo replay of that race and the famous victory for Conseslus!!!

And yes, I am complaining but we can blame those who came up with this tight timetable. Only 2 and a half hours for all this action.

10. Collapse Details

BTW I was watching on German ZDF yesterday and I saw a good part of Discus final, because they direct the broadcast for themselves (which can be annoying quite often) but no re-play of 400H final and no re-play of the fabulous Steeple finish!