Facts, Not Fiction

Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    It should work...after getting the activation code....there should directions that pop up. After clicking nbc sports app...I've never had a problem..
    I have a Roku in my exercise room with all the apps loaded but my computer is more reliable (eg. no freezes).

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySpikes View Post
    No, they don't have separate field streams.

During races of 3000m or longer they do show field action but they go split-screen with a larger window for the field event and a smaller one for the track race.

The commentators are Tim Hutchings, Tony Husband, Derval O'Rourke & Tamsyn Manou (née Lewis). Tim & Tony split the lead-commentating between them while Derval & Tamsyn alternate between co-commentating and doing short track-side pieces.

They also have the occasional coach/athlete interview (usually no longer than 90 seconds) so it's not quite the wall-to-wall action of previous years, although the split-screen for field & track is an improvement.

I'm guessing the remaining road events (the men's marathon & 20km walk) will be commentated on by Tony Husband & Mara Yamauchi. They commentated on the first 3 road events. Both good and Mara was very well informed.
    Thanks for that info. It sounds like the "Track Events" stream on NBC Gold and the IAAF stuff are quite similar, maybe the same pictures with different commentators. The big advantage of NBC Gold is the dedicated field-event-final streams. I really enjoyed watching the whole M HT.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank

3. Collapse Details

I think the NBC gold video feed is the IAAF feed. I'm wondering what NBC is doing today with no running events for hours.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstat View Post
    That's what I've heard. I wonder if it was partly a misunderstanding due to the fact that if there is an official indicating a clearance with a white flag they often don't raise it until the athlete gets off the bed.
    They wait until they are off because the athlete can still dislodge the bar from the mat and it would be a miss. I think that it is the same in the throws where they wait until the throw has exited the circle (Jav?).

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HopStepJump View Post
    I think the NBC gold video feed is the IAAF feed. I'm wondering what NBC is doing today with no running events for hours.
    showing rock climbing or skate boarding...two events that will waste untold resources next year in Tokyo

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HopStepJump View Post
    A lot heptathlon and decathlon coverage

7. Collapse Details

in my stream, they cut off the celebration of the WR in w400mh to focus on the mHJ, so disrespectful!!!!!! and then they showed nothing of wDT ...

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by uakari View Post
    in my stream, they cut off the celebration of the WR in w400mh to focus on the mHJ, so disrespectful!!!!!! and then they showed nothing of wDT ...
    Sorry, but I'd rather see actual competition, not celebration on the live stream. Obviously with three or so events on at the same time, they can't show everything. Unfortunately events like womens disc (& jav the other night) didn't get much coverage with other things happening at the same time.

9. Collapse Details

I thought NBC Gold did a good job of covering key moments of all the events in all a crowded schedule. .. I agree, show me the action rather than the celebration.

10. Collapse Details

oh puleeeze, they certainly showed enough of the mHJ, including plenty of barshim’s celebration, and almost every jump. they showed almost nothing of the wDT. it smacks of sexism to me.