Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
  1. Collapse Details
    2018 Kentucky Derby
    #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Astoria Queens New York
    Posts
    2,631
    2 buck exacta Mendelssohn over My BoyJack
    and 2 buck reverse


    friend is going to bet-----on a whim gave him 4 bucks to bet for me
    Tom Hyland:
    "squack and wineturtle get it"
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    4,371
    Justify by about a length and a half.

    Fortunately I didn't play. I'm waiting for the Belmont. I get quite antsy when the track is sloppy. >:-X
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Right next to a Gator filled pond
    Posts
    4,820
    I have little interest in Horse Racing aside from the Triple Crown races and I'll watch the Breeders Cup if there's nothing else to do but the Kentucky Derby is just a spectacular event to watch.

    Justify won by 2 1/2 lengths. Camera angle was poor down the stretch and the race appeared closer than it was. He won pretty comfortably.

    Descendant of Secretariat (Mom and Dad I think)
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Posts
    11,612
    I like how they kept the old pavilion and towers at Churchill Downs....even though they are completely dominated now it helps connect with the past..something Phil Knight has zero interest in doing....my Dad led an American Express tour in 1951 and those towers were pretty prominent....

    I had $10 on Audible...
    Last edited by Conor Dary; 05-06-2018 at 01:57 AM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Madison, WI
    Posts
    23,469
    They have a considerably longer perimeter, and they get the infield as well as the outside.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #6
    I put down a few bucks on several tri. boxes, all of which included Justify, one of which included Good Magic, and one of which included Audible, but I couldn't finish the deal. I thought Bolt d'Oro would work for a track guy !
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Everybody knows this is nowhere
    Posts
    6,278
    Had Justify, Good Magic on a tri box but couldn't pull off the third. Felt good when d'Oro (was a big fan of his dad) was running loose right behind Justify but looks like he couldn't handle the slop. Justify looks solid but the Triple Crown is a long road.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #8
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    I have little interest in Horse Racing aside from the Triple Crown races and I'll watch the Breeders Cup if there's nothing else to do but the Kentucky Derby is just a spectacular event to watch.

    Justify won by 2 1/2 lengths. Camera angle was poor down the stretch and the race appeared closer than it was. He won pretty comfortably.

    Descendant of Secretariat (Mom and Dad I think)
    Not only is it spectacular I think one of the most emotional moments in sports is when they sing My Ole' Kentucky Home, especially when they come to "Weep no more, my lady ... "
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    ???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Posts
    11,612
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    Not only is it spectacular I think one of the most emotional moments in sports is when they sing My Ole' Kentucky Home, especially when they come to "Weep no more, my lady ... "
    I too like the pageantry...one of my favorite events to watch.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Astoria Queens New York
    Posts
    2,631
    Quote Originally Posted by wineturtle View Post
    2 buck exacta Mendelssohn over My BoyJack
    and 2 buck reverse


    friend is going to bet-----on a whim gave him 4 bucks to bet for me
    I think Mendelsson is still running
    Tom Hyland:
    "squack and wineturtle get it"
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •