Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: 2019 nfl

1. Collapse Details
    2019 nfl
    It does not bode well when your team (Jaguars), desperate for a decent QB, gets a decent free agent, who then breaks his collar bone in Game 1.

Bright spot: his back-up, a very green rookie, comes in and throws 22/25 for 275 yds and 2 TDs.

Went to the game in bright sunlight, 99 degrees, high humidity, thought I was going to dissolve, but then found out I was in the one spot that had shade for most of the game!

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Patriots looked like the favorites again last night....Brady at 42 is amazing.....

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    It does not bode well when your team (Jaguars), desperate for a decent QB, gets a decent free agent, who then breaks his collar bone in Game 1.

Bright spot: his back-up, a very green rookie, comes in and throws 22/25 for 275 yds and 2 TDs.

Went to the game in bright sunlight, 99 degrees, high humidity, thought I was going to dissolve, but then found out I was in the one spot that had shade for most of the game!
    He did look good in relief. I feel bad for Foles. He's going to have to prove himself his whole career I think, over and over.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

4. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Foles has to be one of the greatest talents I have ever seen in the NFL. 6-6, very fast thinker, incredible accuracy and icewater in his veins. Hoping for a speedy recovery.
    Last edited by user4; 09-09-2019 at 05:49 PM.

5. Collapse Details

I guess it's no surprise that Tom Brady wasn't pleased to see referees actually calling offensive holding penalties as it's defined in the rule book last night, but I'm glad to see that they're giving defense a fighting chance for a change.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...lous-penalties

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I guess it's no surprise that Tom Brady wasn't pleased to see referees actually calling offensive holding penalties as it's defined in the rule book last night, but I'm glad to see that they're giving defense a fighting chance for a change.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...lous-penalties
    I doubt there is a single NF QB that thinks otherwise.

7. Collapse Details

I would guess that the refs could call some sort of penalty on every play if they choose to. It seems in every one of the major US team sports, that it is a constant battle between what players can get away with and what will be called by the refs.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bobguild76 View Post
    I would guess that the refs could call some sort of penalty on every play if they choose to. It seems in every one of the major US team sports, that it is a constant battle between what players can get away with and what will be called by the refs.
    I agree, but offensive holding was called a lot stricter 40-50 years ago than it is today, which is one of several reason why today's quarterback are putting up video game numbers.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I agree, but offensive holding was called a lot stricter 40-50 years ago than it is today, which is one of several reason why today's quarterback are putting up video game numbers.
    So true.

10. Collapse Details

Check out the hops of former LSU two-sport athlete Donte Jackson on this interception. I'm sure Kyler Murray thought he had an open passing lane when he threw it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MjNJ_1Nrzc