Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Collapse Details

I doubt this move to football will be a big thing -- but who knows. And I don't follow the sport that closely, but I think FIFA has some sort of gender or sex (not sure what terms they might use there) verification rules.

As for the 'why not just take the meds and continue in athletics?" question -- setting aside whatever I think on this issue -- it seems pretty clear that Semenya thinks what is being done to her is wrong. And so -- again, setting off to the side whatever the I think -- it's pretty easy to imagine why she would not wish to carry on. I can easily imagine that state of mind: If I felt someone was doing something wrong or unjust to me, and if it were suggested to me to go along with it and make the best of things, I think I would opt out too, as I might well feel that my participation would be a capitulation to something I construed to be unjust.

I state this as a way to grasp a possible or even likely state of mind of that person and her decisions. This has nothing to do with whatever I might think on these issues, and expresses no interest in arguing about these issues.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Master Po View Post

As for the 'why not just take the meds and continue in athletics?" question -- setting aside whatever I think on this issue -- it seems pretty clear that Semenya thinks what is being done to her is wrong.
    Many of the women who couldn't win a race for years said nothing about the wrong they thought was being done to them (and I'm a mind reader....) , never mind hiring big shot lawyers and creating a media circus, over and over.

And I believe if she thought she could take the meds and run the same times, she'd find a way to deal with the discomfort , which of course makes me an awful person subject to every label including many not yet invented.
    Last edited by trackCanuck; 09-07-2019 at 05:28 PM.

3. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiederganger View Post
    Caster Semenya announced today...
    ..... Let's hope she finds some happiness.
    Regardless of the ebbs and flows of sports fortune I suspect that Caster Semenya after a perfect wedding to her beautiful spouse are abounding in happiness.
    Last edited by user4; 09-07-2019 at 06:13 PM.