Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 113
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #71
    Best Mark For Place
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Best Mark For Place
    Ahh shoulda known that! Thanks
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Juicy News View Post
    Managoi scratched, replaced by Engels. He should get the olympics standard.
    Yup
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,126
    Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    Great to see that De Grasse is back in form! He was narrowly edged out of a 2nd place there. The 200m in Doha will be on fire (both figuratively and thermally...).
    If ADG ever develops a good start out the blocks....one can dream.
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    on task
    Posts
    11,727
    I am not buying Amusan's DQ! Two other RTs were .1x. Something fishy in the system.
    Absolutely no flyer in the video replays!
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #76
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,618
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    I am not buying Amusan's DQ! Two other RTs were .1x. Something fishy in the system.
    Absolutely no flyer in the video replays!
    exactly why we don't use the human eye to determine such things anymore (but to my eye, it's certainly clear that she moved first)
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    The Mitten
    Posts
    950
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    A bit more than an hour later, the tv commentator said it's gotten cooler in the course of the evening.

    But I just checked Weather Underground and they're saying it's now 62F.
    Would seem that Taylor's winning 17.85w(+2.1) in the TJ would have to be perhaps the performance of the meet. Meet record in less than ideal conditions and beating a great field with the 5 best jumps.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #78
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by JRM View Post
    Great to see that De Grasse is back in form! He was narrowly edged out of a 2nd place there. The 200m in Doha will be on fire (both figuratively and thermally...).
    De Grasse has shown a strong history of mastering his peaks for majors. Often at the beginning of seasons, he looks out of it but his improvements are steady yet significant.

    I'm not sure he can catch Lyles for the gold but certainly looks to be battling Guliyev for that silver.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #79
    Quote Originally Posted by steveu View Post
    Would seem that Taylor's winning 17.85w(+2.1) in the TJ would have to be perhaps the performance of the meet. Meet record in less than ideal conditions and beating a great field with the 5 best jumps.
    His MR jump was actually his 17.66 in round 5.
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #80
    Former Resident Geek
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Posts
    2,297
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    De Grasse has shown a strong history of mastering his peaks for majors. Often at the beginning of seasons, he looks out of it but his improvements are steady yet significant.
    Or getting hurt at his peak.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •