Facts, Not Fiction

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 58Commander View Post
    With that said, I’m still scratching my head over the times? How is it that only 3 guys break 45 seconds in the DL final? Was it weather?
    Cool and breezy, not exactly optimum 400 weather. Also not many people have been running sub 45 on a consistent basis in the last three months or so.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    The federations hold the right on whether or not to use Wild Cards, far as i know. They're not bound to do so by the IAAF.
    Yeah, the wild cards are treated just like all other athletes. All entries have to be done by national federations.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

3. Collapse Details

400 was a great race to watch. Very competitive and another reminder that Kerley vs Norman in the world final will be one to watch. With that said, Iím still scratching my head over the times? How is it that only 3 guys break 45 seconds in the DL final? Was it weather?
    And I'm scratching my head over how Norman could blaze a 43.45 way back in April...and hasn't really come close since.

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    And I'm scratching my head over how Norman could blaze a 43.45 way back in April...and hasn't really come close since.
    he hasn't been 100% healthy

5. Collapse Details

Watched Amusan's DQ again and I defy anyone to say they would have called it by eye.

So we go to the RTs. Top 3:

.096 Amusan

Have we ever seen 3 under .109 with only one FS called? You also can't say the other two 'reacted' to Amusan, because her movement was clearly well under the noticeable level.
    We have seen wide discrepancies between venue-reported RTs. Sometimes the fastest are in the .13s and .14s. I still smell something fishy with this set-up.
    I'm now officially rooting for her in Doha, even if it means displacing KHarr or Ali. It is, of course, DWms' to win.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Watched Amusan's DQ again and I defy anyone to say they would have called it by eye.

So we go to the RTs. Top 3:

.096 Amusan

Have we ever seen 3 under .109 with only one FS called? You also can't say the other two 'reacted' to Amusan, because her movement was clearly well under the noticeable level.
    I suspect their reaction time system needs some recalibration. I downloaded the "full results" document from the page linked below and took a look at the reaction times of this and other sprint races. They do seem to be unusually quick.

https://brussels.diamondleague.com/e...ults-brussels/

After the 100mh was reset after the false start, the longest reaction time of the remaining women was 0.144, and two were under 0.120 (the old cutoff for false starts).

In the 110mh, only 1 man was slower than 0.150. Even the 100m Youth boys race only had 2 slower than 0.150.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by booond View Post
    She still has the ability to get to 7.00 but can she do it at the correct time (a legal jump) and combine that with a down day from Mihambo? It's possible but not likely.
    Mihambo is unbeaten so far this year, with 6 competitions over 7 meters. It's been a long time since anyone had a season like that in wLJ. If she wins in Doha, she'll deserve to be at least in the 5 in the AOY voting.

8. Collapse Details

400 was a great race to watch. Very competitive and another reminder that Kerley vs Norman in the world final will be one to watch. With that said, Iím still scratching my head over the times? How is it that only 3 guys break 45 seconds in the DL final? Was it weather?
    The Doha men's 400m medals will concern much more than Kerley and Norman!!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    The Doha men's 400m medals will concern much more than Kerley and Norman!!
    D'oh, it would be hard for two men to occupy the whole podium.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Mihambo is unbeaten so far this year, with 6 competitions over 7 meters. It's been a long time since anyone had a season like that in wLJ.
    That's if you count 17 years as a long time.

The last time anybody had 6 competitions a year was 2002, when Tatyana Kotova managed it.

The last year better than 2002 & 2019 was 1998 with 7 competitions by Marion Jones.

Data is from IAAF, outdoors only, all conditions, including quals and combined event performances (noting Mihambo's jump in Bydgoszcz was windy).

Here are two charts:
    • most 7m jumpers by year
    • most number of 7m competitions by an individual by year
    Attached Images Attached Images