Facts, Not Fiction

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    It's now within the realm of possibility that KH, WR-holder and in the midst of a very good season, won't even medal.
    In the midst of much better seasons she didn't even make the Olympic team and then finished off the podium at WC. She's not the greatest championship competitor, to put it mildly.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Weights&Shoes View Post
    Also glad with her win that Danielle Williams will make the Worlds team.
    Maybe the Jamaican authorities will refuse to select her. Am I right that even though she gets a wild card, the Jamaican authorities still have to select her.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Tuariki View Post
    Maybe the Jamaican authorities will refuse to select her. Am I right that even though she gets a wild card, the Jamaican authorities still have to select her.
    A bit earlier in the season, it was noted that Jamaica would use the Iaaf rankings to determine the 100mh team since they didn't run at trials. That essentially gave Williams the in. With the DL win, her trials performance has no bearing on if she will be in Doha or not, and Jamaica can also send which ever 3 they originally intended to anyway.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bhall View Post
    Or getting hurt at his peak.
    Well he managed his peaks well in 2015 (twice, for NCAA where he spanked Brommell and then later in the year for Worlds getting a bronze) and again in 2016 for Rio. Got hurt ahead of the 2017 Worlds, so hardly consider that a trend.

5. Collapse Details

The Jamaican rules don't require participation in the trials for wild card holders, so her performance or lack thereof at the trials is irrelevant. The only way a wild card holder doesn't get selected is if there was another wild card holder in the same event. With her wild card for winning the DL, she's in.

Quote Originally Posted by ATK
    A bit earlier in the season, it was noted that Jamaica would use the Iaaf rankings to determine the 100mh team since they didn't run at trials.
    They also said Williams was disqualified (she false started in the 100mh at the trials), so without the wild card there would still be some doubt about whether she'd be on the team.
    Last edited by 18.99s; 09-07-2019 at 08:56 AM.

6. Collapse Details

Engels (listed as English) has an OJ next to his time in the results. I'm assuming that means Olympic qualifying time but it seems random. Nobody else has that designation in.this race or any other. Never seen those initials before.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by dupontred View Post
    Engels (listed as English) has an OJ next to his time in the results. I'm assuming that means Olympic qualifying time but it seems random. Nobody else has that designation in.this race or any other. Never seen those initials before.
    You probably used the Flemish version of the website with automatic translation, instead of the English-language version. On the latter, he is listed as Engels and the letters next to his time are simply PB.
    Last edited by Powell; 09-07-2019 at 12:32 PM.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

8. Collapse Details

Yep. That's it. That's it.

9. Collapse Details

Administrator
    The federations hold the right on whether or not to use Wild Cards, far as i know. They're not bound to do so by the IAAF.

10. Collapse Details

400 was a great race to watch. Very competitive and another reminder that Kerley vs Norman in the world final will be one to watch. With that said, I’m still scratching my head over the times? How is it that only 3 guys break 45 seconds in the DL final? Was it weather?