Facts, Not Fiction

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    as it began, it was perfectly acceptable
    Come on, from the third post on it was firmly in the territory you deem inacceptable

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atanvarno View Post
    Come on, from the third post on it was firmly in the territory you deem inacceptable
    Even the opening post was pretty clear to me in what it was suggesting.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    I guess my "think the worst" gene just isn't functioning at the same level as others.

4. Collapse Details

"I think we've already seen the last of Seyni in the 400m at the professional and international level" - what did you think that meant?
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    obviously not what you did

6. Collapse Details

Seyni will break the world record n go sub 47. She has all the right tools for it. Just a matter of time til Miller n Nasser will be battling for silver. Seyni just toying with them right now. Im rootin for Ajee Wilson.
    Last edited by fasttrak85; 09-01-2019 at 11:42 PM.

7. Collapse Details

I personally don't think Seyni is completely done, but I DO think she will not even make it out of the semis in Doha. Her performance is such an outlier compared to the consistency of SMU and Naser have shown, I don't even see how she is in the same conversation. If she does make the Doha final, I would pick the group of Jackson/Francis/Wimbley etc. to finish ahead of her.

Even Naser had Asian and World Youth titles/championship experience before her London breakthrough. Seyni has essentially no experience entering Doha. Even Tokyo, I question if she will still be a 49.xx runner then.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    I personally don't think Seyni is completely done, but I DO think she will not even make it out of the semis in Doha. Her performance is such an outlier compared to the consistency of SMU and Naser have shown, I don't even see how she is in the same conversation. If she does make the Doha final, I would pick the group of Jackson/Francis/Wimbley etc. to finish ahead of her.

Even Naser had Asian and World Youth titles/championship experience before her London breakthrough. Seyni has essentially no experience entering Doha. Even Tokyo, I question if she will still be a 49.xx runner then.
    Seyni has stuff they dont have. Seyni will trample them.

9. Collapse Details

Seyni's inexperience in the event and the sport in general was causing haphazard pacing and inconsistent performances, and the absence of elite 400m racing over the past couple months surely doesn't help that. Whatever problems, decisions, coaches, or politics have been keeping Seyni out of elite 400m races, I doubt they're going to be resolved in time for Doha, if ever.
    Last edited by 18.99s; 09-02-2019 at 12:11 AM.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    "I think we've already seen the last of Seyni in the 400m at the professional and international level" - what did you think that meant?
    That was my first thought but I wrongly believed 400m was not one of the Semenya-barred events. So I assumed it must have meant something else, which was why I replied to say it would be very odd for her not to run the event anymore given her potential. Now that I've discovered 400m is indeed barred, the above statement is crystal clear in its meaning.