Facts, Not Fiction

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Yup I think that's right. I'll find the link where I saw the results.

2. Collapse Details

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    I'd not consider it a legit competition in determining win-loss records
    It is legit; Mondo was leading Kendricks and Kendricks retired immediately after making 5.80, likely before any decision to stop the competition was made. I can see why Mondo might not go further given the iffy conditions even if it was not officially truncated.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atanvarno View Post
    Nice run for Krause as she follows up her NR in the 3k steeple from Zurich with a world best 2k steeple in Berlin. 5:52,80 with a serious negative split (2:59/2:54).
    A lot of runners got stuck behind a gal that got an early hurdle off, running into it with her hips and interfering with about 5 runners, two of whom came to a complete stop and threw a leg over the hurdle eventually. The winning time of 5:52 is just above the WR pace for the 3000SC and might be inferior to the 2000m split. Krause had a nice target to chase and took full advantage of it. Her technical advantage was clear and she used it to pass at the water jump with a surge from several meters back, a great wj versus a bit of a bobble, then Krause sprinted home on the crest of the roars from the stadium.

Spanovek(spelling?) was injured on the runway and withdrew and had ice bag taped to her leg a bit later.

5. Collapse Details

Speaking of the "twenty-hundred" steeplechase, Chepkoech ran her first 2K in Monaco last year in 5:49.9, and her last 2K in 5:49.0, per the "Race Analysis" file from last year's meet.

The 2K steeple is an easier target than the f%()ing 2 mile.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Bodega Bay, CA, USA

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Shank View Post
    Speaking of the "twenty-hundred" steeplechase, Chepkoech ran her first 2K in Monaco last year in 5:49.9, and her last 2K in 5:49.0, per the "Race Analysis" file from last year's meet.
    The 2K record was soft as a result of being contested infrequently at the elite level, but it wouldn't be appropriate to count a 2K split within a 3K race as a 2K record, given the different start positions on the track (200m apart) and therefore different relative positioning of the water jump.

7. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    The 2K record was soft as a result of being contested infrequently at the elite level, but it wouldn't be appropriate to count a 2K split within a 3K race as a 2K record, given the different start positions on the track (200m apart) and therefore different relative positioning of the water jump.
    how is that any different than the markedly different configurations between interior- and exterior-water jump setups in the 3000 steeple?

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    In the sprints at the Switzerland meet:

m100
    1. Gatlin - 9.97, 2. Rodgers 10.00

w100
    1. Kambundji 11.12,
    5. Bowie 11.29, 6. Akinsoun 11.29

Bowie will surely improve in time for Doha, but I think she'll be lucky to get a bronze.
    I wonder if Bowie was showing all her cards here, as she did in Spain. That 11.09 pretty much showed her that her training is going well enough for her to be ready for Doha. She may need a PR (10.78), though, if she wants to finish top-3.

9. Collapse Details

Nobody ever had to run sub 10.80 for a medal, what makes you think it will be different this year?

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by norunner View Post
    Nobody ever had to run sub 10.80 for a medal, what makes you think it will be different this year?
    Because the sport progresses... There was once a point where no one had to run sub 10.90 for a medal. In the past few decades you had to run sub 10.85 for a medal. In 2012, you had to run 10.81 to get a medal.

DAS has a PB of 10.85, its not farfetched for her to run 10.80.