Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 83
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Phoenixville
    Posts
    2,276
    Watching the Olympic channel coverage, it looked to me that Kendricks tweaked something in his hip area (hip flexor or groin, I'm not a doctor). After making 5.80, it took him some time to get out of the pit. It looked like he went to the officials and said that he was done. I didn't see any rain at that point.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #32
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgato View Post
    It looked like he went to the officials and said that he was done. I didn't see any rain at that point.
    Rain can be practically invisible on camera.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #33
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgato View Post
    Watching the Olympic channel coverage, it looked to me that Kendricks tweaked something in his hip area (hip flexor or groin, I'm not a doctor). After making 5.80, it took him some time to get out of the pit. It looked like he went to the officials and said that he was done. I didn't see any rain at that point.
    Looked like he paused a bit after 5.70 too.
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #34
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I was surprised to see that Asafa Powell is in the 100.
    Why?
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #35
    Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Why?
    I haven’t seen him at all this year. I really thought he had retired.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Abilene, TX
    Posts
    2,112
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    WTF? NBC G isn't working again today for me. I'm currently watching the Polish feed on a VPN.

    If you select "Current" on the results site, you can see all the FE marks as they happen, with no cutting off the results as gh noted.
    Ah, I'm not the only one I see. The last couple of meets I've been able to see, but it's been very fuzzy at times. I have to keep reloading.

    I can't remember which meet I was watching, but I thought I heard the commentators say something about Asafa chasing 100 sub-10's...and he is giving it a go again this year. 10.02 season pr, I think.
    Last edited by scottmitchell74; 09-02-2019 at 02:38 AM.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I haven’t seen him at all this year. I really thought he had retired.
    He has been running all year though, about 12 races since March. SB of 10.02.
    He is chasing a career record of 100 sub 10 races.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #38
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,358
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    m400 LaShawn Merritt?!
    m100 Gatlin
    mSP Crouser Haratyk Jacko
    w100 Bowie
    wPV Morris Suhr Nageotte Silva Newman
    In the sprints at the Switzerland meet:

    m100
    1. Gatlin - 9.97, 2. Rodgers 10.00

    w100
    1. Kambundji 11.12,
    5. Bowie 11.29, 6. Akinsoun 11.29

    Bowie will surely improve in time for Doha, but I think she'll be lucky to get a bronze.
    Last edited by The Flying Pigdog; 09-02-2019 at 04:18 AM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,358
    At ISTAF Berlin, De Grasse ran 9.97 with a nice tailwind to beat Simbine 9.99. In the w100, Swoboda ran a 11.07PR.

    Full results here: https://www.istaf.de/en/0/istaf2019.html
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #40
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    In the sprints at the Switzerland meet:

    m100
    1. Gatlin - 9.97, 2. Rodgers 10.00

    w100
    1. Kambundji 11.12,
    5. Bowie 11.29, 6. Akinsoun 11.29

    Bowie will surely improve in time for Doha, but I think she'll be lucky to get a bronze.
    Any Results link?

    I also saw on instagram LaShawn Merritt won the 400m in 45.82
    That is only his 2nd race of the year since running 20.51 in the 200m on June 8th
    Last edited by ATK; 09-02-2019 at 05:01 AM.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •