Facts, Not Fiction

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    There IS someone else who has had five meets above that mark, though not the most consistent of throwers.
    Yes, Ealey has been the best of the rest behind Gong this year, but I stand by my point: she's not someone I'm confident is going to throw at that level in Doha. She well may, but with her lack of championship experience and less than perfect consistency, it could go either way.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

2. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Crew is winning the throw-your-arm-off award for the year: 26 meets (plus 1 Q-round) so far.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Trickstat View Post
    There are 5 water jumps in a 2000 there are usually only 4 in the first 2000 of a 3000 'chase.
    True, but the average pace of Chepkoech's WR is a bit faster than the average pace of Krause's 2K. Clearly, Chepkoech's mark is vastly superior to Krause's. Also, Krause just set a 4-second PB at 9:07.51. It's a cheap record.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Woodland, CA, USA

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Crew is winning the throw-your-arm-off award for the year: 26 meets (plus 1 Q-round) so far.
    Konrad Bukowiecki has done 26 + 2 Q-rounds

5. Collapse Details

BTW, the old "WR" for the 2000 SC was an enroute time (5:54.16+), Ruth Jebet, during her 8:52.78 WR at St. Denis, 2016.
    Cheers,
    Alan Shank
    Bodega Bay, CA, USA

6. Collapse Details

That "WR" by Krause isn't relevant as a WR, but as a big result for her personally. In Zürich she wasn't confident enough to stick to the fastest women from the start but still got a big PB/NR and was extremely fast on the last lap. In Berlin she knew she was in excellent shape and it showed. I believe she is in 9.00 shape and that could get her a medal.

7. Collapse Details

Not sure she'll have a chance to run 9:00 in Doha, but after Berlin I agree she is a potential medalist.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Not sure she'll have a chance to run 9:00 in Doha, but after Berlin I agree she is a potential medalist.
    Why (I want to know, because you probably know more than me)? Certainly the Americans have done great times in the Championship meets and she is in the same class, it seems, as the top Americans.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    Why (I want to know, because you probably know more than me)? Certainly the Americans have done great times in the Championship meets and she is in the same class, it seems, as the top Americans.
    Great, perhaps, but not 9:00 And the London weather was more conducive to fast times in distance races (AC in Doha notwithstanding).

10. Collapse Details

Are the distance races being run late in the day and they can control the temperature so it might be no problem at all for the Steeple. There probably won't be a massive number of bodies generating heat in the stadium (something much more of an issue for, say, a Soccer World Cup.