Facts, Not Fiction

1. Collapse Details
    A question of altitude
    After first competing at altitude, which Olympic medalist said this, and when?

"The altitude bothered me in the third lap. It seemed like my breath only went down about a fourth of the way into my lungs".

2. Collapse Details

Didn’t dj ask this question about a month ago? This is a good test of recent memory for us septuagenarians which is also a test for spelling at any age level.

3. Collapse Details

Oops - well, I hadn't checked back on that. It means that I either have Alzheimer's (like my father before me), or my mind moves in similar ways to DJ [and as we've worked on various projects together over the last 35 years), I think that may be the case - or, I hope it is.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by midwestfan View Post
    Didn’t dj ask this question about a month ago? This is a good test of recent memory for us septuagenarians which is also a test for spelling at any age level.
    One of the good things (one of few good things, I imagine) about turning 80 is that octogenarian is easier to spell. :-)

5. Collapse Details

The quote was indeed identical to dj's quiz on August 8.

https://trackandfieldnews.com/discus...hlete-and-Year

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    One of the good things (one of few good things, I imagine) about turning 80 is that octogenarian is easier to spell. :-)
    Good point. But having just turned 60, I get to say sexagenarian for another decade. It embarrasses my adult children, and that is not always easy to do!

7. Collapse Details

Richard--

I meant to pm you yesterday when I first saw this, but forgot to hit the send button! :-)

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    One of the good things (one of few good things, I imagine) about turning 80 is that octogenarian is easier to spell.
    I cannot think of any good thing about it. Other than the alternative, that is .
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

9. Collapse Details

looking forward to learning how to spell nonagenarian...

10. Collapse Details

The nurse will be taking me back to my room soon, but before that, have a look at "Florimond Cornet" - a question which I definitely haven't pinched [accidentally] from DJ