Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: Corley

1. Collapse Details
    Corley
    Happy 64th birthday today to an Olympic champion who competed and won medals in three Olympic Games.

Our birthday champion also won a couple of World Championship gold medals in the same event.

None of this athlete's Olympic gold medals came from Europe, Australia, or South America.

Who is this athlete with a birthday on the last day of August?

2. Collapse Details

I know the answer but I'll let someone else get it. This athlete's name has appeared on another post, a Current Events post, in recent days.

3. Collapse Details

Gotta be Edwin Moses.

4. Collapse Details

Happy birthday today to Edwin Moses (64). Very good, tandfman. Edwin lives in Atlanta and is still very involved in our sport. I remember watching the men's 400 hurdles in Montreal (1976) and being amazed at his world record performance to win the gold medal. Michael Shine's silver medal from lane one wasn't bad either. Nobody knows what Moses would have done in Moscow (1980), but I believe he would now have three Olympic gold medals had we not boycotted those Games.

5. Collapse Details

There is no way that Volker Beck, or anyone else, would have beaten Moses in Moscow.

6. Collapse Details

Half the fun is figuring out the hints. I never knew (until now) that was his middle name!

7. Collapse Details

Something else you may not know about Edwin Moses is his recovery from two injuries to his brain about two years ago. To read more information about his two accidents (falling down stairs and hitting his head on the car door), you can "google" "Edwin Moses head injuries". It's an amazing story some of you already know.

8. Collapse Details

I googled it, and it is amazing, DoubleRBar. This is just one of the articles,

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2017/...aumatic-brain/