Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 85
  1. Collapse Details
     
    #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    SoCal
    Posts
    1,064
    Would this entire situation be playing out any differently if B. Williams represented USA rather than Jamaica?
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    #72
    Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    Would this entire situation be playing out any differently if B. Williams represented USA rather than Jamaica?
    Yes. This entire thing would have been over. She would be stripped of the U18 WR but she would not receive a ban and we would all have moved on with our lives.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta by way of Kingston Jamaica
    Posts
    461
    The early news is a reprimand and nothing more, seems like young Ms Williams will be running after all.
    http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/n...-ineligibility
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    #74
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    west of Westeros
    Posts
    61,745
    that assumes that neither IAAF nor WADA says, "hey, waaaaait a minute!"
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kingston, Jamaica
    Posts
    2,162
    I'm a bit stunned by the Panel's acceptance of "no significant fault or negligence", especially when considering their history with similar cases of ingestion of something tainted.
    Regards,
    toyracer
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Kingston, Jamaica
    Posts
    2,162
    A quick note: the Panel ruling document makes it clear that while Williams did write the name of the medication, plus Creatine and Alleve on her doping control form, she did not file a TUE for the medication. So she did not declare it before the meet or before she competed.

    Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    What "team"? She is a 17 year old amateur who hasn't finished high school yet. Her mother gave the medication to her.

    It's likely she started taking it hours or days before she entered the stadium to compete. And she declared it on the appropriate paperwork before she competed.

    Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    And she had to find that particular medication ahead of time so she could declare it on the paperwork before the meet.
    Regards,
    toyracer
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    #77
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Rohe o Te Whanau a Apanui
    Posts
    6,593
    Quote Originally Posted by toyracer View Post
    I'm a bit stunned by the Panel's acceptance of "no significant fault or negligence", especially when considering their history with similar cases of ingestion of something tainted.
    A sensible decision.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    #78
    Quote Originally Posted by toyracer View Post
    A quick note: the Panel ruling document makes it clear that while Williams did write the name of the medication, plus Creatine and Alleve on her doping control form, she did not file a TUE for the medication. So she did not declare it before the meet or before she competed.
    A TUE is not required for medication unless it contains a banned or controlled substance. If the medication in question had not been contaminated, it would have been just another legal substance that doesn't require a TUE.
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Back in the hometown of Peter Norman
    Posts
    6,178
    So Alberto Salazar is smarter than Ato Boldon? Go for the TUE at all times...
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Atlanta by way of Kingston Jamaica
    Posts
    461
    So after all this young Ms. Williams will not be running in Doha http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/front...9?profile=1606
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •