Facts, Not Fiction

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    that flower has past bloom.
    Yeah, well, most people would have thought the same before the 2017 WC. He might not be as fast as he was a few years ago, but tactically, he's absolute master class.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    he's absolute master class.
    While I agree with that, if he can't keep a hot early pace, he can't position himself to kick successfully.
    That said, with the right pace, and the right positioning and the right guess as to when to launch the kick, he could WIN! That's a lot of if's though.
    Cenrto did it in the 1500 at Rio!

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    While I agree with that, if he can't keep a hot early pace, he can't position himself to kick successfully.
    That said, with the right pace, and the right positioning and the right guess as to when to launch the kick, he could WIN! That's a lot of if's though.
    I agree. In a super fast race, he's probably not going to be very competitive any more. But global finals have not always been fast.

The same thing applies to Lewandowski in the 1500.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

4. Collapse Details

Yeah, well, most people would have thought the same before the 2017 WC. He might not be as fast as he was a few years ago, but tactically, he's absolute master class.
    Agreed! Kszczot is having a better season this year than he did in 2017, leading up to the WC. And his record in WC 800m Finals is very good. IMO, the only thing keeping Kszczot off the podium this year is the final going 1:43 or faster.
    Last edited by TWalsh; 08-28-2019 at 08:39 PM.

5. Collapse Details

I wish Lopez Lomong was in the 5000m. Love to see what he could do right now in a fast paced 5000m. Makes me wonder why he apparently isn't racing again since USATF's until Doha. You'd think he'd want to get at least one race in there to stay racing sharp.

At any rate I think he'll be competitive in the 10,000m at Doha because he's in great shape and has excellent closing speed.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Cannon View Post
    At any rate I think he'll be competitive in the 10,000m at Doha because he's in great shape and has excellent closing speed.
    If I were the Ethiopians, I would run the exact same race as Hengelo. A 26:4X pace tends to keep those pesky kickers from doing any damage. Only the Kenyans could hang long enough to be a threat - only the strong survive!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Sidorova wins PV (indoors at the Hauptbahnhof) at 15-11¾ (4.87)
    Verrrry interestink!

1 Sidorova 4.87
    2 Nageotte 4.82
    3 Newman 4.82
    4 Morris 4.72
    5 Bradshaw 4.72
    5 Silva 4.72
    7 Stefanidi 4.62
    8 Büchler 4.52

I would guess that right now, the top 3 for Doha are
    1. Morris / Stefanidi
    3. Sidorenko

Not sure this comp changed anything, but it's always interesting to see how it plays out. The fact of the matter is - if Doha were a best outta 3 competition, each of the faves would win one.

8. Collapse Details

If I were the Ethiopians, I would run the exact same race as Hengelo. A 26:4X pace tends to keep those pesky kickers from doing any damage. Only the Kenyans could hang long enough to be a threat - only the strong survive!
    I agree...if they don't and it gets tactical, Lomong has a good chance to sneak in for a medal. And, even in a sub 27:00 pace, I'm not so sure that Lomong can be counted out to challenge the Ethiopians and Kenyans.

9. Collapse Details

The Ethiopians are the pesky kickers. The Kenyans I can see pushing the pace, maybe even Cheptegei; but the Ethiopians?

10. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    I love the guy, the heart of a lion!