Facts, Not Fiction

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526
  1. Collapse Details

While their top times are similar, the body of work for SMU is far superior. I do not think that they are on the same level now. Plus, her running 200s where she is not necessarily ahead or is pressed for a decent amount of the race will help her not panic in a close race; however, I do not even think that it will be a close race.

As for Schippers, if her last two races had been 0.03 faster she would have finished a place higher with big scalps. She will be in medal contention if she can improve the start, which is doable, in general.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Moses was the ultimate analytical master technician. He had it down to a science. There were no variables for him.

His 13-stride pattern was well within his capabilities, so even If he was ever a little 'off' (which he had to be if he was human), he could still hold that stride-pattern, which automatically gave him a fast time. If he was super-on, he could do what 110Hers do: maintain the stride pattern by not over-striding (i.e., keep a quick turnover without letting the stride lengthen).

So, I think it was actually very doable for him to maintain that incredible string. If he was down, his 13SP saved him; if he was up, the race took care of itself.
    Never thought about it like that. Perfect marriage between an athlete and an event. Thanks!

3. Collapse Details

With McLaughlin's 52.85 here, we are at 41 sub-53 performances all-time.

20 women in total. Top counts:

Demus 5
    Batten 4
    Muhammed,Walker, McLaughlin, Hemmings, Bidouane 3
    Pechonkina, Buford-Bailey, Antyukh, Halkia 2

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 26mi235 View Post
    As for Schippers, if her last two races had been 0.03 faster she would have finished a place higher with big scalps. She will be in medal contention if she can improve the start, which is doable, in general.
    On her Instagram today, Schippers said she has been struggling with a back injury all season, which explains her below par form. However, she said "with some rest and fine tuning in the coming weeks I hope to spring a surprise".

I'm not sure she'll manage any big surprises but I'm sure she'll medal in the 200

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wiederganger View Post
    On her Instagram today, Schippers said she has been struggling with a back injury all season, which explains her below par form. However, she said "with some rest and fine tuning in the coming weeks I hope to spring a surprise".

I'm not sure she'll manage any big surprises but I'm sure she'll medal in the 200
    I'd be inclined to agree if she only ran the 200m.