Facts, Not Fiction

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    T If SMU goes 23.5 she guns down anyone coming home. If she goes 22.9 she is much stronger now and wont be caught.
    Right now she's 0.07 faster than Valerie Brisco-Hooks was (21.81) at the time of the 1984 Olympic final, where VBH ran 48.83, with smart running of 23.5/25.3.

Hopefully she doesn't go out in 22.9 because it won't produce the best possible result, isn't necessary, and could bring an undesirable outcome.
    Last edited by trackCanuck; 08-31-2019 at 12:29 AM.

2. Collapse Details

Throw a healthy and ready Samba into the mix and you will have not just the race of the 2019 Worlds but one for the ages ala 1991 Tokyo men's 100m
    The Tokyo 100 final had the top six men finishing within a meter of the WR. We won't get that sort of depth here.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    The Tokyo 100 final had the top six men finishing within a meter of the WR. We won't get that sort of depth here.
    If Warholm, Samba and Benjamin all go 46.6x or better, I would argue its a better than '91

4. Collapse Details

Warholm and Rai ..what a duel. Reminded me of the epic duel between Naser and Miller-Uibo last year. Well what must Samba be thinking now? 46.XX looks to be prerequisite to landing a medal of any color in this event. Exciting times ahead..

Miller-Uibo's 21.74 -0.4w. Incredible sprinting. This same run with even a mildly positive +1.0 would tell she is in 21.6X sorta shape. Remarkable!

5. Collapse Details

The idea that SMU doesn't do well in global finals is a myth at best
    Who said anything about Miller in 2012, 2013 and 20115? Do you disagree with my statement that she went out too hard in the last two global 400 finals, yes or no?
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 08-31-2019 at 03:02 AM.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Just to be crystal clear - first and foremost, I am a huge fan of hers and have already indicated that what she's doing is totally what is expected of her in the role she plays as a 'public person'. I also know that this is a game-face of hers, and does not represent who she really is. She IS very intelligent and media-savvy and talented and a good person, etc., etc., which is exactly why she was signed to a very lucrative contract.
    Well said! ✊🏾

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    For me a great 400 or 400H race is always a better race to watch than a great 100m race.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Who said anything about Miller in 2012, 2013 and 20115? Do you disagree with my statement that she went out too hard in the last two global 400 finals, yes or no?
    To answer your first question, I mentioned those years to bring her entire body of global representation into view.
    Now to answer the second, absolutely!
    I didn't see a third question

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    The problem is that it's a brand new event every year until you're at your career peak. As you get stronger and faster, the stride pattern changes. It even changes during one season as you get fitter and fitter. When Clement was at his peak and could run 13 all the way, the event was super simple (that was DM at USATF). But if he didn't have proper rest (i.e., during the competitive season), he couldn't hold 13; hell, he rarely knew what stride pattern would appear in any given race.

Unless you're Edwin Moses, the GOAT by a long shot, it's a crap shoot every time you go out there. Sydney has yet to run her perfect race. It could happen at Doha, and when she does, she will set a WR, and even a perfect race by DM won't help.
    These are all good points but the one additional variable is wind. Even Edwin Moses would have to improvise his stride pattern if there were strong winds (>4m.0 m/s) and it wouldn't matter which direction.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by scorpionking View Post
    Well what must Samba be thinking now? 46.XX looks to be prerequisite to landing a medal of any color in this event.
    Samba could most probably run in the high 47s and still take a medal. Who else apart from Warholm and Benjamin is going to beat him if he does?
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...