Facts, Not Fiction

Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Administrator
    she just quit being a teenager 3 weeks ago... enough of this pop-schlocky pseudo-psychoanalysis!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wiederganger View Post
    So time-wise she is faster and stronger and more able to cope with going out hard and holding on. The only concern, as I said in my previous post and perhaps partly what you are alluding to, is her lack of races over the distance. She simply hasn't run the event enough, and importantly not against her top competition, for us to witness whether she will go too hard and flounder at the end. But one really expects she wont, with the form she is in.
    But keep in mind that it's always possible for athletes to go out too hard even if they're in WR form. If Miller had ran the same pace as Phyllis Francis she would have won easily, probably with a PR.

3. Collapse Details

Has anyone yet called Brazier's performance "Wottle-esque"?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    she just quit being a teenager 3 weeks ago... enough of this pop-schlocky pseudo-psychoanalysis!
    Preach

5. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by jc203 View Post
    Has anyone yet called Brazier's performance "Wottle-esque"?
    a stroke of genius, a Wottleophile like me should have thought of it !
    Last edited by user4; 08-30-2019 at 11:11 PM.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wiederganger View Post
    Great run from SMU, after her prior races I did not expect her to run sub 22, and if she did, to just sneak under.

Apparently her appeal to the IAAF to change the timetable is still being considered and isnt yet closed. If this is true they need to make a decision asap as it could impact her last few weeks training.

Great run from DAS in second. I still think Thompson will beat her in Doha though..and a much better run from Schippers, despite an awful start, just Thompson and ahead of Kambindji who ran 22.2 last week
    I don't see how looking at that race anybody could think anybody's going to beat her that was in the field today. Thompson would have to improve drastically and SMU go backwards. Highly unlikely. Basically you would be counting on her to have a bad race because Thompson is not going to run faster than SMU did today.

7. Collapse Details

The Warholm - Benjamin race is worth watching over and over again. At least until they meet in Doha.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r5U0PR4PdQ

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Well, Asafa Powell may be the greatest of all times on the circuit but he couldn't come through in global finals. I'm sure he'd trade a dozen of those blazing times on the circuit for a couple of global golds.
    2012 (400m) - hurt in heats
    2013 (200m) - exceeded expectations finishing 4th
    2015 (400m) - did the expected winning silver in a PB
    2016 (400m) - won as co-favorite
    2017 (200m) - won bronze coming off a double
    2017 (400m) - lost a medal when she should have won

2017 (400m) a better paced race lands her her first Worlds 400 title

The idea that SMU doesn't do well in global finals is a myth at best

9. Collapse Details

The number of 400s SMU has run all season has no negative or positive bearing on what she will do in Doha.
    Conceivably, she can go 50.8 (not sure she can run that slow) and 50.0 in her semis then a 23.5/35.2/13.0. I can see Naser at best 48.6 or 48.7. If SMU goes 23.5 she guns down anyone coming home. If she goes 22.9 she is much stronger now and wont be caught.

By the way, glad to see you have ditched the SMU lane 7 refrain!

10. Collapse Details

Throw a healthy and ready Samba into the mix and you will have not just the race of the 2019 Worlds but one for the ages ala 1991 Tokyo men's 100m