Facts, Not Fiction

Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by LuckySpikes View Post
    In fact, Warholm has already put together the finest season by any athlete ever in the 400H - five times under 47.44 (and he's not finished yet!)

Samba did that 4 times last year and Ed Moses only ever ran sub-47.50 three times in one season (1981) with three times sub-47.38 in that year.
    how about winning the WC first?

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Meanwhile...the men's 5000 is now history...

" In a brilliant run, Cheptegei covered his final 1600 meters, completely alone, in 4:03.1 to run a personal best of 12:57.41 and earn the 2019 Diamond League in what was the final DL 5,000 ever run (the IAAF is scrapping it from the DL program next year)."

3. Collapse Details

Administrator
    making for better TV in a 90-minute telecast (inconvenient truth)

4. Collapse Details

If Warholm had never done anything after the 2017 WC, he still would be one of my favorite athletes of all time.

After last year, I never thought he'd run under 47.5. This is incredible! Best race I've seen in a long time!

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by ATK View Post
    Doha Final: Benjamin lane 5, Samba lane 6 and Warholm lane 7.
    We've been seeing Warholm in lane 7 a lot lately because that's what he requests and in the DL meets, he gets what he asks for. He could be inside of Samba and Benjamin in the Doha final. Will that matter? It shouldn't -- he was in lane 5 when he won the last World title in London. But I wonder if he's gotten so accustomed to 7 that he'll be a bit out of his comfort zone if he draws lane 4 in Doha, which could happen.

6. Collapse Details

I don't watch TV, but I hate the idea of the 5k going by the wayside. They usually cut to a couple of long jumps or high jumps during the race anyway, why not run it picture-in-picture before the main part of the meet, concurrent with some field events, then cut to the last 800 for full screen.

The fact that TV is still primarily just one big picture most of the time when it could be two or three or viewers choice seems to be wayyy behind where it could be. The technology is certainly there, so it's probably a $$ thing.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    We've been seeing Warholm in lane 7 a lot lately because that's what he requests and in the DL meets, he gets what he asks for. He could be inside of Samba and Benjamin in the Doha final. Will that matter? It shouldn't -- he was in lane 5 when he won the last World title in London. But I wonder if he's gotten so accustomed to 7 that he'll be a bit out of his comfort zone if he draws lane 4 in Doha, which could happen.
    Just my wish so that they can be as comfortable as possible and all smash the WR. But yes, we live in reality where placings/times in the semis determine lane draws for the finals. It SHOULDNTN'T matter, but that is something to consider since he has chose where he is most comfortable all year. Granted, I'm going to bet him and his coach are well aware of that possibility in Doha and have been preparing accordingly.
    Last edited by ATK; 08-30-2019 at 03:08 AM.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by beebee View Post
    how about winning the WC first?
    Warholm has done that already
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Fortius19 View Post
    After last year, I never thought he'd run under 47.5.
    Why??? Last year he improved his best from 48.22 to 47.64 - at the age of 22 and with only two years of experience as a full-time 400 hurdler. It's beyond me why anyone would have thought he had already reached his career peak at that point.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    She's capable of 21.60 but when we'll see it is anyone's guess.
    Very impressive. A short sprinter's posture and gait in a large frame. Mass, length, more than adequate NM fatigue management to go with near ideal frontside lower limb mechanics.

Mistakes can happen in a 400...but you have to like her chances!
    Last edited by dpasv; 08-30-2019 at 01:09 PM.