Facts, Not Fiction

Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Wiederganger View Post

Apparently her appeal to the IAAF to change the timetable is still being considered and isnt yet closed. If this is true they need to make a decision asap as it could impact her last few weeks training.
    I was told this week by someone at the IAAF that no such appeal has been put in. I think there's a request for a change to the Olympic timetable but it would be WAY to late to change it for Doha. Also as she is neither the reigning World 200 or 400m champion it's unlikely such an appeal request would have been granted anyway.

2. Collapse Details

She said after Zurich, she's not running the 200m at Worlds so I think that officially closes the book on that. I also agree that it is way too late to change it for Doha even if she did appeal.

As for SMU's prospects at 200 vs. 400, I'm with those that think she is more of a lock in the 200. It would take a gargantuan effort from ET or DAS to approach sub 21.8 whereas in the 400, apart from the threats of Naser and Seyni, there is a way greater chance of a tactical/strategic mistake.

I think she should have went with the 200 if she wanted an easier path to gold but at the same time, excited to see how far sub 49 she can go and if sub 48 is possible??

3. Collapse Details

Also, just curious - how fast do you all think Miller-Uibo could go over 100m right now?

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    Also, just curious - how fast do you all think Miller-Uibo could go over 100m right now?
    about 9.9.... oh, wait, you probably mean out of the blocks! :-)

5. Collapse Details

I'd say at least 11-flat.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AFelixFan View Post
    Yeah, barring some serious start training, which could put her at 10.90 at least, I'd think.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by AFelixFan View Post
    I think that's about right. Though her reaction & initial acceleration phase has improved since the time of her 100m pb.

8. Collapse Details

Brazier's splits: Since these are rounded splits, thus +/- 0.1 not clear. He did go faster possibly beginning after the first 400, as his 13.3 was out in to Lane 2 I think (not certain)
    13.0 extra distance, up to third lane

9. Collapse Details

Was wondering about the same thing...and compared to SRR she has slower PBs of 100m and 400m, but much faster in 200m, thoughts?

10. Collapse Details

As for SMU's prospects at 200 vs. 400, I'm with those that think she is more of a lock in the 200. It would take a gargantuan effort from ET or DAS to approach sub 21.8 whereas in the 400, apart from the threats of Naser and Seyni, there is a way greater chance of a tactical/strategic mistake.

I think she should have went with the 200 if she wanted an easier path to gold but at the same time, excited to see how far sub 49 she can go and if sub 48 is possible??
    I guess shes a 400/200 runner, not 200/400, with her love and focus tipping in favour of the 400. And of course she has unfinished business in that event at the Worlds, finishing 2nd in 2015 and then outside the medals in 2017. Shes been number 1 in the 400 since 2016, and 4 years into her reign 'just ' has that (spectacular) Olympic gold. She wants that 400 gold!! (Crazy to think that neither she nor Thompson have individual world gold medals)

SMU should win in Doha and on paper could run something remarkable. But then I go and rewatch that Lausanne 400 and remind myself Naser and Seyni are very real threats. I still think it will be SMU> Naser > Seyni, but i would be surprised rather than shocked if SMU didn't win. I still think she hasn't raced enough to be totally confident she will get her race 100% right. But going by her 200 she just looks too good. She just needs to hold off any temptation to go off too quick!

Side note: Schippers start was just awful again, she was a meter and a half down at 50, however she gradually came back between 100 and 150. Neither her start nor finish is as it was, but she is getting better. That would have easily been a SB run if not for that start, and she was only a whisker behind Thompson as she was in Monaco. She has a month, I think she will medal in the 200.