Facts, Not Fiction

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Because of the frequency of her posts and the nature of them. I love-love-love her, but most are vacuous glimpses of a privileged/self-absorbed quasi-celebrity life-style. I attribute that to two things.

A. It's all new and exciting to her.
    B. She may be getting paid by the post.

Her contract probably entails being an 'influencer' (in the social media sense) and that means lots of posts of her being her. .
    I disagree (and agree with _Jay).

Iím not on Instagram so maybe I donít see all her posts as a public viewer. But compared to other sponsored ďinfluencersĒ I would say that Sydís Instagram is not over-hyped, and certainly has a reasonable balance of athletics themed posts (competition, training, motivation) against personal/celebrity posts.

Here is what I see since she signed with New Balance in October, with the first number being the total number of posts, and the second number being the athletics themed posts:

November 3 2
    December 3 0 (understandable given the time of year)
    January 5 1
    February 2 1
    March 1 1
    April 3 2
    May 1 0
    June 2 2
    July 6 2
    August 3 2

Other influencers often post several times a week, some almost daily.

2. Collapse Details

Maybe 20%, but the vast majority of young people inderstand they are not 'somebody' and are merely posting in order to let friends and family know what's up in their lives.
    Sounds like there might be two IG’s. Lol.

But I think understanding that she does have 400k+ followers & growing, being brand conscious, and intentional about engaging on a basic level is realistic for her. That’s her real life.

The leap you made to equate frequent social media posted to self absorbed, infatuated, quasi-celeb, who is possibly believing the hype, seems like a personal issue...but I digress. ����*♂️

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by wamego relays champ View Post

I’m not on Instagram so maybe I don’t see all her posts as a public viewer. But compared to other sponsored “influencers” I would say that Syd’s Instagram is not over-hyped, and certainly has a reasonable balance of athletics themed posts (competition, training, motivation) against personal/celebrity posts.

Here is what I see since she signed with New Balance in October, with the first number being the total number of posts, and the second number being the athletics themed posts:

November 3 2
    January 5 1
    February 2 1
    March 1 1
    April 3 2
    May 1 0
    June 2 2
    July 6 2
    August 3 2

Great research & analytics!! Lol.

4. Collapse Details

Iím not on Instagram so maybe I donít see all her posts as a public viewer. But compared to other sponsored ďinfluencersĒ I would say that Sydís Instagram is not over-hyped, and certainly has a reasonable balance of athletics themed posts (competition, training, motivation) against personal/celebrity posts.

November 3 2
    January 5 1
    February 2 1
    March 1 1
    April 3 2
    May 1 0
    June 2 2
    July 6 2
    August 3 2

In SMís case it isnít the quantity of photo posts that signal infatuation but rather the quantity of posts to her story. They are CONSTANTó22 in the past 24 hours, 20 of which are photos of herself (several of the exact same picture with different captions).
    Last edited by Big Tusk; 08-30-2019 at 05:33 PM.

5. Collapse Details

Because of the frequency of her posts and the nature of them. I love-love-love her, but most are vacuous glimpses of a privileged/self-absorbed quasi-celebrity life-style. I attribute that to two things.

A. It's all new and exciting to her.

I am certainly not judging her; if she were my daughter, I'd've said - Go for it! Just don't believe the hype.
    I have to read one of these vacuous glimpses so I can be sure she's not a bubble head.....

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tusk View Post
    In SMís case it isnít the quantity of photo posts that signal infatuation but rather the quantity of posts to her story. They are CONSTANTó22 in the past 24 hours, 20 of which are photos of herself (several of the exact same picture with different captions).
    Sounds like Madonna's smarts. Got you watching love it or not.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    I have to read one of these vacuous glimpses so I can be sure she's not a bubble head.....
    Just to be crystal clear - first and foremost, I am a huge fan of hers and have already indicated that what she's doing is totally what is expected of her in the role she plays as a 'public person'. I also know that this is a game-face of hers, and does not represent who she really is. She IS very intelligent and media-savvy and talented and a good person, etc., etc., which is exactly why she was signed to a very lucrative contract.

8. Collapse Details

Just to be crystal clear - first and foremost, I am a huge fan of hers and have already indicated that what she's doing is totally what is expected of her in the role she plays as a 'public person'. I also know that this is a game-face of hers, and does not represent who she really is. She IS very intelligent and media-savvy and talented and a good person, etc., etc., which is exactly why she was signed to a very lucrative contract.
    Clarification is always appreciated. I don't follow Instagram. If she's sounding vacuous it's probably intentional. Blonde is still in.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by trackCanuck View Post
    Depends on your criteria, will you accept her well-paced 48.97 PB last year and this season's 49.05 as evidence? Or do only global finals count?
    Well, Asafa Powell may be the greatest of all times on the circuit but he couldn't come through in global finals. I'm sure he'd trade a dozen of those blazing times on the circuit for a couple of global golds.

10. Collapse Details

Iím not on Instagram so maybe I donít see all her posts as a public viewer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tusk View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. As a non-following public viewer, I cannot view the IG Stories, only posts.