Facts, Not Fiction

Thread: Madrid

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Collapse Details

I like the track! Something different the sport needs!

2. Collapse Details

Is anyone familiar with the winner of the 400m, Emmaneul Bamidele? He is a new name to me. I was able to find out he is originally from Nigeria (now representing Qatar, if the linked results page is to be believed) and has a 44.78 PB from earlier this year (so he was just off that in Madrid). In fact I see from his IAAF page he was competing for Nigeria as recently as last year, so not sure if he will be eligible to run at Worlds in Doha, if in fact he has switched ...

He ran his first 200 very, very hard here (I thought he would fall apart the last 100 after that) and looked very raw and ragged overall (with his flailing arms).

Speaking of Qatari 400m runners, does anyone have any info on Abdalelah Haroun? As far as I can tell he hasn't raced any this year.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HasBeenNeverWas View Post
    Bamidele . . . looked very raw and ragged overall (with his flailing arms)
    I sicced guru (who has had many 400 successes) on him. Atrocious.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by El Toro View Post
    Ivet Lalova-Collio ran her equal 8th best time in the final with 11.08 (+0.4) after a 11.17 (+0.4) heat. If you discount her 10.77, it's equal 7th fastest.

She now looks to be peaking well, and her 11.08/22.55 and up their with her best doubling years of 2015 and 2016 where she ran 11.09/22.32 and 11.11/22.42, respectively.
    And she's now improved to 22.45 at the Balkan Championships.
    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by HasBeenNeverWas View Post
    Speaking of Qatari 400m runners, does anyone have any info on Abdalelah Haroun? As far as I can tell he hasn't raced any this year.
    Haroun was reported in April to have been injured in training, prior to missing the Asian Championships. Have not seen anything since.