Facts, Not Fiction

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    It seems counter-intuitive but the durability of NFL quarterbacks seems to be inversely proportional to their athleticism.
    It's not just about injuries and taking hits; the less athletic QBs had to rely more on their pinpoint skills than athleticism to get into the league and maintain a starting position, and those skills decline more slowly with age and wear and tear.

For similar reasons, I think Steph Curry will be able to maintain his performance at an All-NBA level longer than Russell Westbrook who relies on freakish athletic ability.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post
    It's not just about injuries and taking hits; the less athletic QBs had to rely more on their pinpoint skills than athleticism to get into the league and maintain a starting position, and those skills decline more slowly with age and wear and tear.

For similar reasons, I think Steph Curry will be able to maintain his performance at an All-NBA level longer than Russell Westbrook who relies on freakish athletic ability.
    Oh, without a doubt.

Exceptions are the guys that made clear changes mid-career:
    Jordan
    Kobe
    Lebron
    Kareem

others, of course, but guys who alter their game to extend their careers.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

3. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by 18.99s View Post

No way you can compare the NBA to the NFL. The NFL is a deadly serious contact sport. The NBA is a recreational game for big athletic guys.

The QB that does not rely on his athleticism is the QB that wins. He is the QB that is getting the ball to 5 other skill players in as random/unpredictable a manner as possible. A QB running is a QB rolling the dice in a game of chance with 6 to 1 odds of losing.
    Last edited by user4; 08-29-2019 at 05:22 PM.