Facts, Not Fiction

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Luck Retires, Fans Boo
    Football really is brutal. Indy fans jeering Andrew Luck off the field is an appalling example of the state of the sport. Apparently the guy was expected to keep throwing his body into the fray with no regard to his own health and quality of life. Ptooeey..

2. Collapse Details

Typically there are enough fans who don't take a "step back and reason things out" angle when at a football game for the reaction to Luck to not be expected.

The timing of the decision can be questioned I guess.

3. Collapse Details

Luck's announcement reminded me of John Urschel's retirement a year after he suffered a concussion. Like Urschel, who is now at MIT pursuing a Ph.D in math, I suspect Luck has big plans for his post-football career that he doesn't want to jeopardize any more than he already has.

4. Collapse Details

I have been a huge Luck fan since his first game on the Farm. Drove to Miami to see him in a great win over VT in the 2011 Orange Bowl, and then rooted for him in Indy. He owes us nothing more, and I wish him all the best.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Luck's announcement reminded me of John Urschel's retirement a year after he suffered a concussion. Like Urschel, who is now at MIT pursuing a Ph.D in math, I suspect Luck has big plans for his post-football career that he doesn't want to jeopardize any more than he already has.
    Bought Urschel's book about a month ago and read it - Mind and Matter. Very good read. On the other hand, I'm kinda a math nerd, though not close to his level.

6. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    By waiting to retire two weeks before the season Luck screwed the team, and more importantly his teammates. And, it should be noted, claimed a $12 million roster bonus(Colts have said they won't ask for it back).

Make no mistake, Luck knew what he was doing with the timing.
    There are no strings on me

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    By waiting to retire two weeks before the season Luck screwed the team, and more importantly his teammates. And, it should be noted, claimed a $12 million roster bonus(Colts have said they won't ask for it back).

Make no mistake, Luck knew what he was doing with the timing.
    I hardly think that was his rationale. He made ample money in the first 6 years to be set for life. He was hampered by those injuries and kept trying to come back and finally realized he couldn't do it. The Colts current orthopaedist and previous one are both good friends so I have more information, but can't really release that publicly.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    By waiting to retire two weeks before the season Luck screwed the team, and more importantly his teammates.
    So THAT'S why he went to all the bother of intensive rehab.
    Black helicopters were seen nearby.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    I hardly think that was his rationale. He made ample money in the first 6 years to be set for life.

Great - then he'll have no problem giving that money back to the Colts, or donating it to charity.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    So THAT'S why he went to all the bother of intensive rehab.
    Black helicopters were seen nearby.
    So you're saying the team and his teammates are not screwed by his last-minute exit? Please explain