Facts, Not Fiction

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Twitter tells me this is causing all sorts of grief with fantasy league players.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    By waiting to retire two weeks before the season Luck screwed the team, and more importantly his teammates. And, it should be noted, claimed a $12 million roster bonus(Colts have said they won't ask for it back).

Make no mistake, Luck knew what he was doing with the timing.
    I really find this hard to believe.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Twitter tells me this is causing all sorts of grief with fantasy league players.
    Since I'm not a fantasy player in any sport, I never take the angle of the fantasy player into account and thus it wouldn't shock me if this was a major player in the booing he received.

4. Collapse Details

This is a pretty good story on why he quit - https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/25/an...lking-away-nfl

5. Collapse Details

Make no mistake, Luck knew what he was doing with the timing.
    How is Luck screwing the team by being the beneficiary of Jim Irsay's benevolence? The terms of his contract and the C.B.A. are clear and they favor the Colts if they want their money back.

Since Luck won't be on the field for the final two years that his bonus was pro-rated, that means the Colts were allowed to ask for that money back. Basically, this means if the Colts did want the money then Luck would have had to write them a check for $12.8 million.

According to former NFL agent Joel Corry, the Colts could also have gone after Luck's 2019 roster bonus of $12 million that was paid out in March. If the Colts decided to go after all the money they're allowed to recoup under the CBA, that means Luck would have had to write them a check for $24.8 million.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...n-500-million/

Nor do I think that Luck is the type of guy that would contest the terms of the contract if Irsay wasn't feeling benevolent. Furthermore, given Luck's health issues, it's not clear how many games he would have been able to play this year anyway.

6. Collapse Details

Great - then he'll have no problem giving that money back to the Colts, or donating it to charity.
    You sound like a bitter Colts fan.

7. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    It's interesting to compare the injury history of a guy like Luck or Ben Roethlisberger, to someone like Tom Brady, who hasnt missed a game before or since his 2008 ACL injury.
    There are no strings on me

8. Collapse Details

Administrator
    If Indy fans booed, imagine what Philly fans would do in a similar situation!

9. Collapse Details

It's interesting to compare the injury history of a guy like Luck or Ben Roethlisberger, to someone like Tom Brady, who hasnt missed a game before or since his 2008 ACL injury.
    Part of Brady's consistency has been the consistency of his Offensive Line year in and year out.

10. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    You sound like a bitter Colts fan.
    No, just a cynical NFL watcher, and someone who has done work for an NFL team, and been in locker and training rooms.
    There are no strings on me