Facts, Not Fiction

Page 70 of 105 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    They think he is going to kidnapped or something? And they never protect them from Gatorade attacks....Anyways I noticed Ohio State had 2 regular policemen following the head coach around but had trouble staying up in the melee....I could see they would be paranoid about Michigan stealing the coach and replacing him for Harbaugh....they wouldn't get away with it but it's worth a try.

Anyways we don't do that in Oregon...

2. Collapse Details

Yeah, I guess everybody doesn't do college football the same way we do it down South as I found out earlier this year on my trip to Columbus. See post #164 in this thread in case you missed it earlier.

3. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Oregon vs. Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl...should be fun....

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Oregon vs. Wisconsin in the Rose Bowl...should be fun....
    Has Oregon been completely eliminated from the playoffs?

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Has Oregon been completely eliminated from the playoffs?
    They have a shot with a win Saturday.

6. Collapse Details

7. Collapse Details

Georgia only dropped one spot to #5 and Wisconsin remained at #8. Also, Oregon jumped 7 spots to #6. If only they hadn't stepped on that banana peel in Arizona a couple of weeks ago . . . . .

EDIT: Clemson is a 2-point favorite over Ohio State and LSU is a 10-point favorite over Oklahoma. I'm surprised about the Clemson-Ohio State line. It will be interesting to see how those lines move over the next 3 weeks. Ed Orgeron should send a thank you note to CFP Chairman Rob Mullen for putting his defense on blast 2 weeks ago after the Committee dropped LSU from #1 to #2.

For the second year in a row, a 2-team format would have been too small and an 8-team format too big IMO. There have been a few years in the BCS/CFP era in which the 2-team format would have been big enough (eg. 1999, 2002, 2005) but there hasn't been a year in which the 4-team format would have been too small. An 8-team format would have made the Big 10, Big 12 and SEC Championship games meaningless, not to mention quite a few regular season games (eg. Oregon-Arizona State, LSU-Alabama, Minnesota-Wisconsin, Alabama, AUburn, etc).
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 12-09-2019 at 02:13 PM.

8. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Clemson is a 2-point favorite over Ohio State...

I was glad to see that. More grist for Ryan Day's motivation mill, which already had plenty with the media narrative that Ohio State(and LSU) are afraid of Clemson and wanted to avoid the Tigers at all costs.
    There are no strings on me

9. Collapse Details

Georgia only dropped one spot to #5 and Wisconsin remained at #8. Also, Oregon jumped 7 spots to #6. If only they hadn't stepped on that banana peel in Arizona a couple of weeks ago . . . . .

EDIT: Clemson is a 2-point favorite over Ohio State and LSU is a 10-point favorite over Oklahoma. I'm surprised about the Clemson-Ohio State line. It will be interesting to see how those lines move over the next 3 weeks. Ed Orgeron should send a thank you note to CFP Chairman Rob Mullen for putting his defense on blast 2 weeks ago after the Committee dropped LSU from #1 to #2.

For the second year in a row, a 2-team format would have been too small and an 8-team format too big IMO. There have been a few years in the BCS/CFP era in which the 2-team format would have been big enough (eg. 1999, 2002, 2005) but there hasn't been a year in which the 4-team format would have been too small. An 8-team format would have made the Big 10, Big 12 and SEC Championship games meaningless, not to mention quite a few regular season games (eg. Oregon-Arizona State, LSU-Alabama, Minnesota-Wisconsin, Alabama, AUburn, etc).
    You should be on SportsCenter. :-)

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    You should be on SportsCenter. :-)
    Jazz has a better gig than that - here!

I esp. agree with this:

there hasn't been a year in which the 4-team format would have been too small. An 8-team format would have made the Big 10, Big 12 and SEC Championship games meaningless, not to mention quite a few regular season games (eg. Oregon-Arizona State, LSU-Alabama, Minnesota-Wisconsin, Alabama, AUburn, etc).