Facts, Not Fiction

Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    Tim Tebow has shown behavior typical of a religious fanatic. I do not like fanatics, political, or religious.
    I'm suspicious of folks who wear their religion on their sleeve. Furthermore, it's been my experience that the folks I've met who were genuinely pious (I can count on one hand the number who fit this category) don't wear their religion on their sleeves at all, and it's only by accident or from other people that I've discovered their piousness.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I'm suspicious of folks who wear their religion on their sleeve.
    Because they are generally hypocrites. With just a little investigation, you'll see Tebow is not. He does practice what he preaches. He acts piously, because he is pious. Since when is that a badge of DIShonor?

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Because they are generally hypocrites. With just a little investigation, you'll see Tebow is not. He does practice what he preaches. He acts piously, because he is pious. Since when is that a badge of DIShonor?
    Unlike you, I don't know him well enough to know whether he is a phony or not, and I don't trust people I don't know.

4. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    The beauty of a life focused on freedom and liberty is that you almost never have to know or even wonder whether someone is a hypocrite.

Of course there is always the joy and excitement of finding out that the person that is trying to plunder you in the name of virtue is a hypocrite.
    Last edited by user4; 09-19-2019 at 03:08 PM.

5. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Meanwhile....good thing we have Uncle Phil....

In Pac-12 Football: Empty Seats, TV Woes and Recruiting Gaps

The chasm is growing between the Pacific-12 Conference and its Power Five counterparts. And its rescue hopes are pinned on a new TV deal in 2024.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/20/s....co/KMcx5SzaUk

6. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Dont know if Wisconsin is this good, or Michigan this bad. But circle Oct 26 on your calendar...
    There are no strings on me

7. Collapse Details

Transfer quarterbacks have won the last two Heisman Trophies, and based on how well several of them have started this year, I wouldn't be surprised if the Heisman Trophy goes to a transfer quarterback for the third year in a row.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Dont know if Wisconsin is this good, or Michigan this bad. But circle Oct 26 on your calendar...
    In those 50 years following the Badgers fairly closely, I do not recall so much speed on the team, especially on defense.

And looking at the late night scores, one would think that the basketball season is underway.
    UCLA-Washington St 67-63
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    And looking at the late night scores, one would think that the basketball season is underway.
    UCLA-Washington St 67-63
    I was thinking the same thing, and I was shocked that UCLA won, thinking that Washington State had it in the bag when I went to sleep.

I was glad to see the Notre Dame-Georgia game live up to all the hype. What a spectacle! Pageantry, traditions, rituals and unbridled enthusiasm. If both teams go onto have the seasons they're expected to have, it will turn out to be a de facto college football playoff game. No other sport has such momentous regular season games with so much on the line which is why college football is my favorite team sport.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 09-22-2019 at 02:51 PM.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Unlike you, I don't know him well enough to know whether he is a phony or not, and I don't trust people I don't know.
    He is still regular news fodder here. His life is under a microscope. Even though his world-perspective is not mine, he has earned my total respect.