Facts, Not Fiction

Page 44 of 72 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

The committee is looking at top 25 wins. That's why Georgia is ahead of Alabama despite their loss being worse then Alabama's loss. If LSU were to lose in the SEC title game they're still getting in because they have 3 top 25 wins.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 502CD View Post
    The committee is looking at top 25 wins.
    I sure hope it's not as simple as that. All Top 25 wins are nowhere near the same.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I disagree. An LSU loss to Georgia would not be worse than Utah's loss to USC or Oregon's loss to Auburn, especially if Georgia beat Auburn this Saturday..
    I was referring to Georgia's loss to South Carolina. My expectation is that if LSU loses to Georgia they'll be in as well. As you said, though, Georgia would be in anyway because of the wins over LSU, Auburn and Florida assuming they beat Missouri.

4. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    THE university looking at 4 games lost for Young.

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    That's Herbstreit's take. My bet is the initial ruling will be two games.

As I predicted two games for Young. He'll be back after Rutgers this week.

And Herbstreit don't know nuthin lol

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rutgers-return
    There are no strings on me

5. Collapse Details

As I predicted two games for Young. He'll be back after Rutgers this week.

And Herbstreit don't know nuthin lol

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...rutgers-return
    From what I recall Herbie said the suspension was 4 games but that he would appeal and it may go down. He was correct on both counts.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    From what I recall Herbie said the suspension was 4 games but that he would appeal and it may go down. He was correct on both counts.

Ohio State had asked for immediate reinstatement. NCAA completed review today with two game suspension. It was never four games.

7. Collapse Details

Obviously the NCAA thinks they caught him doing something he had no business doing otherwise they wouldn't have suspended him.
    The NCAA hasnt suspended anyone. Ohio State proactively decided to hold him out of the game this week while the incident, which occurred in 2018, is being vetted. From everything I've read there's a pretty good chance that will be the end of it, if the facts remain as they are now.
    As I originally said, he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. That's the NCAA's position anyway.

8. Collapse Details

As I originally said, he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar. That's the NCAA's position anyway.

Uh, no. Getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar would have been taking the money, period. Especially if there was an agent involved. As it is he borrowed money from a friend to get his girlfriend to the Rose Bowl, and paid it back by April.

Unless by getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar you mean caught after putting those baked goods back in. Then, yes...

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    I don't see Minnesota jumping from 17 to 4...this late in the season...it just doesn't work that way...

Be great because it would show the need to expand to 8 teams...conference champs plus 3...

Absolutely a misuderstand of the Committee; they are a lock for either the #1 or #2 seed. Prior to Penn State they had not beaten anyone of note. But, they beat Penn State, they have a ranked Iowa team next, then they have a by then 12th ranked Wisconsin and probably either a #1 or #2 OSU. Alabama's schedule with one loss - and if they are not in the playoff they would have a win only over a 3-Loss Auburn. That one win against a ~15th ranked team compared to a 12 and a 1/2 and undefeated Minnesota. In fact, if Minnesota loses closely to OSU, I still think they have a better resume than Alabama. The committee is going to reward what has been done, not what people think the 'best teams' are. I guess they take in to consideration missing a big star in a loss, but not a whole lot.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    I have had the pleasure of interacting with jazz at Texas Relays for several years. He not only knows football but has an impressive current and historical knowledge on a wide range of subjects.
    Yes, I agree. I had a pretty good impression of him before I met him, but meeting him that assessment went up!

And, he takes great photos.