Facts, Not Fiction

Page 54 of 103 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I don't have problem with it either but I can't condone a player deliberately hurting his team.
    Indeed. Innocuous hi-jinx are fine, but a dog-peeing, regardless of the score repercussions, ain't cool at all.

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Indeed. Innocuous hi-jinx are fine, but a dog-peeing, regardless of the score repercussions, ain't cool at all.
    Right...is that what he was implying? I didn't get it.... if so ...Yeah that's dumb and gross....off with his head....

Of course it only would have tied the game....they still might have lost...

3. Collapse Details

The best part of that is that he will have to live with the that for the rest of his life - Mippians, on both sides, won't let him forget it . . . ever.

4. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    Sure, but if you know your celebration will get you -15, and you do it anyhow, you're an a-hole. If you DON'T know it will, you're an idiot. Either way, that dude looks bad.
    That settles it for me. You pull a stunt like that knowing there is even a remote chance of getting a 15 yard penalty when the entire game is at stake. That is probably a window into a player's mind that perhaps reveals what a headhache he has been for the team in the past and would go on to be in the future. Im going to give the coach the benefit of the doubt on this one.

But all that aside, it was a fantastic pantomime performance.. Im going to watch it again for the laughs! Extracted from the gravity of the game it is hillarious.. dont fight it !!

as much as I love that kind of entertainment it really is a drag on the game, it eventually leads to a reduced level play.

Mistakes like this are actually great character builders. He will learn from this. 20 years from now we will read about him as the multimillionaire owner of a chain of businesses and how these events this week helped him more than a college degree could ever have!
    Last edited by user4; 11-29-2019 at 06:29 PM.

5. Collapse Details

The story is now on the front page of yahoo.com. That should make him proud.

6. Collapse Details

I see there is a tradition for this kind of behavior....

The penalty was another in a long line of unsportsmanlike conduct fouls between these two teams in recent years, and oddly not even the first one featuring a player pretending to pee. Luke said he knew that as emotions flared in the annual rivalry game that showboating would need to be avoided.

https://apnews.com/cae077f3153e4360b...ign=SocialFlow

7. Collapse Details

This sordid affair is just another example of how athletes think that showboating or flexing after a score or a dunk is good for their brand. It has gotten out of hand in the NBA, and they even have practiced routines for groups. Humility be damned, let's pose for a selfie!

I still think back to what Julius Erving said about guys who yelled or posed after making a spectacular dunk, He said they should act like they had been there before.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
    This sordid affair is just another example of how athletes think that showboating or flexing after a score or a dunk is good for their brand. It has gotten out of hand in the NBA, and they even have practiced routines for groups. Humility be damned, let's pose for a selfie!

I still think back to what Julius Erving said about guys who yelled or posed after making a spectacular dunk, He said they should act like they had been there before.
    There is no brand except the other side is evil.... help if the coaches acted like they had been here before....most act like a loss is the end of the world...which for some isn't far off the truth...

9. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
    ..Julius Erving said about guys who yelled or posed after making a spectacular dunk, He said they should act like they had been there before.
    Just follow the Doctor's orders !!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zCTAaeZUUR8

By the way is it possible for LSU to face Ohio State University in the National Championship game.. i can feel it in my bones!!... dont fight it.

i need some polk salad!!
    Last edited by user4; 11-30-2019 at 12:36 AM.

10. Collapse Details

"Act like you've been there before" has been attributed to many football coaches with it seeming to originate with Vince Lombardi but I've never seen any basketball player given credit for including the good Doctor. There was a time and to some it was thought Julius Erving was himself showboating on the court.