Facts, Not Fiction

Page 42 of 64 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    "After losing at home Saturday to No. 2 LSU, No. 3 Alabama also lost its one opportunity to dazzle the selection committee with a blockbuster win. Now, the Tide have almost no chance to win the SEC -- they would need to win out and see the Tigers to lose two of their final three games, against 4-6 Ole Miss, 2-8 Arkansas and 6-3 Texas A&M, just to have a shot at winning their division. Without a conference championship, Alabama will have to prove it is "unequivocally" one of the four best teams in the country. That seems like a tall task considering its next three games are against five-loss Mississippi State, FCS Western Carolina and Auburn. And the Tide's underwhelming schedule so far -- they have yet to beat a ranked team -- won't help, either."

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...mpression=true
    This just makes me positively TINGLE!!!

However I know better. The committee probably called an emergency meeting to figure out a path to the playoff for Coach Saban and his boys. i know it's happening, you know it's happening, everyone knows it's happening.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I would love to see Minnesota win out just to see more of PJ Fleck as he takes the Gopher nation along for the ride. That guy is a breath of fresh air.
    I agree. Unfortunately I'm feeling an Iowa win next weekend.

3. Collapse Details

I would love to see Minnesota win out just to see more of PJ Fleck as he takes the Gopher nation along for the ride. That guy is a breath of fresh air.
    Were it not for my OSU love affair, I think this would be cool.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    This just makes me positively TINGLE!!!

However I know better. The committee probably called an emergency meeting to figure out a path to the playoff for Coach Saban and his boys. i know it's happening, you know it's happening, everyone knows it's happening.
    I don't know about a conspiracy, but as we found out in the 2011 Coaches Poll, when they chose one-loss non-conference champion Alabama over one-loss conference champion by a 2 to 1 margin, Saban has a lot of respect among his peers. I expected the SEC coaches to vote for Alabama and the Big 12 coaches to vote for Oklahoma state, but what surprised me is how much love the coaches in the nine other conference gave Alabama, especially since they didn't even play in their conference champion game and Oklahoma State had the tougher schedule. The mentality of the coaches voting in the 2011 poll is the same mentality that exists within the Committee today.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-11-2019 at 01:10 PM.

5. Collapse Details

The LSU-Alabama game was the highest rated regular season college football on any TV network in 8 years. Not surprisingly the last game that drew this large a TV audience was the 2011 LSU-Alabama game, in which #1 LSU beat #2 Alabama 9-6. It turns out that game was loaded with elite defensive talent, featuring 28 future NFL defensive draft picks, including 14 first rounders. I suspect that the lion's share of the NFL talent will come from the offenses of the most recent game.

https://sports.yahoo.com/alabama-lsu...201737120.html

6. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewolf View Post
    I think Oklahoma was exposed as an imposter last night.
    I suspect that the Sooners just had a down week against a KSU team that was really fired up. The OKies had a very tough schedule early and maybe their morale was unprepared for this game, mental mistakes and coaching failures. KSU was home and they were loaded for bear.

Winning big away games is the hallmark of greatness.. Did I mention LSU!!
    Last edited by user4; 11-11-2019 at 06:38 PM.

7. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Im tired the Gofers, it is seems like yesterday that they were atop the NCAA in 1941.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1941_c...ootball_season

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by scottmitchell74 View Post
    Were it not for my OSU love affair, I think this would be cool.
    I guess I feel the same way. I want to them make it to 14-0, not 15-0 and you want to see them make it to 12-0, not 13-0.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    I agree. Unfortunately I'm feeling an Iowa win next weekend.
    ...and their last game is Wisconsin.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

10. Collapse Details

Over the last 40 years, the road team has a .700 winning percentage (28-12) in the LSU-Alabama series. It's like the Astros-Nationals World Series, no home field advantage.