Facts, Not Fiction

Page 35 of 63 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Can someone please explain why borrowing money from a family friend violates NCAA rules?
    I refuse to even begin to try since it is so stupid....

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tandfman View Post
    Can someone please explain why borrowing money from a family friend violates NCAA rules?
    One can only assume the family friend has some connection to Ohio State.

3. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Uh oh! There's bad news coming out of Columbus. It looks like Chase Young got caught with his hand the cookie jar.
    https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...ial-ncaa-issue

Considering he paid it back last summer, not sure how that's "caught with his hand in the cookie jar".

Consensus is he'll likely face a one or two game sanction from the NCAA. Yawn.
    There are no strings on me

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Considering he paid it back last summer, not sure how that's "caught with his hand in the cookie jar".
    Obviously the NCAA thinks they caught him doing something he had no business doing otherwise they wouldn't have suspended him.

5. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Obviously the NCAA thinks they caught him doing something he had no business doing otherwise they wouldn't have suspended him.
    The NCAA hasnt suspended anyone. Ohio State proactively decided to hold him out of the game this week while the incident, which occurred in 2018, is being vetted. From everything I've read there's a pretty good chance that will be the end of it, if the facts remain as they are now.
    Last edited by guru; 11-08-2019 at 08:34 PM.
    There are no strings on me

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    ....baseball had pennant races that were exciting for the whole summer before the silly playoffs expanded and destroyed the best part of baseball...the World Series were almost anticlimactic in comparison.
    Agreed. Teams had 154, then 162, chances to prove they were the best in their league. And the fact that teams were playing just about every day as August rolled into September made a good pennant race kind of riveting.

7. Collapse Details

Most of the critics of the FBS is that it's too elitist - too many one-loss and two-loss teams, as well as untested Group of 5 teams don't get a shot. They would like it to be more like college basketball where a team that's looked mediocre for most of the season can get on a roll at the end have a Cinderella story. For me elitism is the appeal. If I were the king of the world I would cut the basketball tournament down from 68 to 16 teams and make it double-elimination to prevent Villanova-Georgetown from ever happening again and the NCAA T&F Regionals down from 96 total athletes per event to 48. I wasn't a fan of Cinderella as a kid anyway.
    Thirty-two teams for March Madness seemed like the right number to me. Watch the Leslie Ann Warren "Cinderella", the first time I had a crush on a girl, c. age 5.

8. Collapse Details

Today's big games:

#4 Penn State at #17 Minnesota (11:00 CST)
    #2 LSU at #3 Alabama (2:30 CST)

The losers will no longer control their own destiny, so this is a potential elimination game for all four teams. The last time Minnesota was 8-0 was in 1941, a year in which they finished #1 in eleven polls, including the AP poll. This is only the second time in the history of the AP poll that there were two games featuring undefeated teams in November or December.

The other game featuring ranked teams is #18 Iowa at #13 Wisconsin, but since both teams already have 2 losses, they're playing for a spot in a New Years Six Bowl, not the playoffs.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-09-2019 at 02:15 PM.

9. Collapse Details

Going to the Stanford-Colorado homecoming game in Boulder today so for Atticus...Go Buffs!! For jazz, our game time is 1:00 MST so conflicts with LSU-Bama, which we really would like to see. Maybe they’ll stream it on the Folsom Field scoreboard. Go Tigers!
    Last edited by DrJay; 11-09-2019 at 02:39 PM.

10. Collapse Details

Jazz, do you know when was the other time that there were two November/December games featuring undefeated teams, and who they were?