Facts, Not Fiction

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I guess things didn't go well for your beloved Cardinal in Orlando today. Sorry Atticus.
    Yeah, I was there. The first half was the biggest catastrophe I could have imagined. Sigh.

2. Collapse Details

I understand the intent of the more aggressive calls of targeting, but in practice there is a lot to be desired. This evening, among the numerous targeting calls, was a Kentucky player who was in the air and unable to change the trajectory, even if there had been ample time. He was ejected, as it was deemed intentional. Physics seems to escape some people in stripes........

Immediately after that game concluded, in the first quarter of the Texas Tech game with Arizona, two players both lowered their heads and charged head on like two Bighorn Rams. No call was made.

Just frustrating.

3. Collapse Details

Looking forward to the next week, probably my Game of the Year - Wisconsin-Michigan. 11 CST on Fox.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by KevinR View Post
    I understand the intent of the more aggressive calls of targeting, but in practice there is a lot to be desired. This evening, among the numerous targeting calls, was a Kentucky player who was in the air and unable to change the trajectory, even if there had been ample time. He was ejected, as it was deemed intentional. Physics seems to escape some people in stripes........

Immediately after that game concluded, in the first quarter of the Texas Tech game with Arizona, two players both lowered their heads and charged head on like two Bighorn Rams. No call was made.

Just frustrating.
    I agree with you on this 100%, but another problem I have with how targeting fouls are implemented is that it's never applied to offensive players, who allowed to lower their heads with impunity when taking on defensive players.

5. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tusk View Post
    My n=1 experience doesn't mean a lot, but I do know that LSU's athletic department will continue to provide financial assistance to scholarship athletes after their athletic eligibility has expired.
    That should be the model, and it is worth 10x more to the athlete than a measly salary for 4 years.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    Looking forward to the next week, probably my Game of the Year - Wisconsin-Michigan. 11 CST on Fox.
    I am picking that 26mi365 will be one very happy chappy at the completion of that game.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by KevinR View Post

Just frustrating.
    the difference might be leaving your feet and leading with your head (like the first example you gave)...a sure way to get ejected!

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by user4 View Post
    Hear hear!.. I've always felt the right answer was for D1 football scholarships to be for the full cost of a degree how ever many years it takes. But that is clearly never going to happen therefore today I announce that i'm officially on the side of paying the players a yearly salary.
    why does anyone care what Tebow says or does...a total bust!

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    For all the same reasons you care what someone on TV says. I listen to all perspectives in order to broaden my own.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    Exactly.
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley