Facts, Not Fiction

Page 26 of 70 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

What's working in Minnesota's favor is the fact that GameDay has featured the LSU-Alabama game 10 times, more than any other series in the history of the show. Furthermore, LSU has already hosted Gameday once this year (vs Florida), was the visiting team another time (@Texas), and I'm pretty sure ESPN will have a few more opportunities to feature Alabama this season.

2. Collapse Details

EDIT: Proving that there's an exception to every rule, don't forget that even Alabama looked like a high school team when they played Clemson last season. Were they overrated?[/QUOTE]

No, they were 2nd best team in the nation.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    I caught Coach Fleck on Sports Center Saturday night and I had intended to post it. He's not the first coach I've seen stomp for College GameDay, but he was definitely the most passionate. Here's his pitch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGGHx1Y3o6o

Nick Saban never passes up an opportunity to get on GameDay even when Alabama fails to get into the SEC Championship game and his team is idle. On the flipside. Charlie Weiss hated the media and actually banned GameDay from campus when he was at Notre Dame, which probably made Knute Rockne, the most media savvy coach in college football history, roll over in his grave.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/gameo...meday/1631435/
    And the winner is
    https://mobile.twitter.com/CollegeGa...80731101159425

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Kritzler View Post
    No, they were 2nd best team in the nation.
    Exactly! So how can Notre Dame's only loss of the season to this same team be used to argue that they were overrated when they started the ranked #11? If anything they were underrated, not overrated.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 10-29-2019 at 11:39 AM.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Master403 View Post
    That's for the November 2 GameDay, not November 9.

6. Collapse Details

Notre Dame . . . underrated
    There's two words I've never seen correlated! ND is consistently, year in and year out, the most overrated team in America, even when they win.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    There's two words I've never seen correlated! ND is consistently, year in and year out, the most overrated team in America, even when they win.
    My statement is based on facts not emotion. If a team finishes the season ranked higher than it started, by definition that team was underrated, and all you have to do is compare the recent preseason polls to the final polls (eg. 2018, 2017, 2016, etc.) to see what I'm talking about. The teams that have been consistently overrated might surprise you.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 10-29-2019 at 02:24 PM.

8. Collapse Details

I am all in with Atticus on this one.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ted-in-august/

Notre Dame tops this list.

9. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    My statement is based on facts not emotion. If a team finishes the season ranked higher than it started, by definition that team was underrated, and all you have to do is compare the recent preseason polls to the final polls (eg. 2018, 2017, 2016, etc.) to see what I'm talking about. The teams that have been consistently overrated might surprise you.
    Im going to guess that UTexas is consistently overrated!

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by donley2 View Post
    I am all in with Atticus on this one.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ted-in-august/

Notre Dame tops this list.
    I give you credit for bringing facts to the debate instead of emotion. However, 1) According this article, Notre Dame is in a 5-way tie with Florida, Florida State, Texas and Penn State, they're not alone. 2) My statement was based on Notre Dame's more recent performances over the last 5-10 years. For example, in 2012 the Irish were undefeated in the regular season against one of the toughest schedules in the nation, lost to Alabama in the championship game, finished #3 in the final Coaches' poll and folks like Atticus said they were overrated despite the fact that the Coaches only ranked them #24 at the start of the season. 3) I don't give much credence to the AP poll which your article cites. I've always believed that the Coaches' poll was more credible. If you look at all my posts on this thread and previous college football threads, you'll notice that I always use the rankings from the Coaches' poll.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 10-29-2019 at 03:31 PM.