Facts, Not Fiction

Page 49 of 70 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Heard John Feinstein on the radio this morning and he was discoursing on the fact that the Orange Bowl has a contract with the ACC that mandates the top available team is in the game. Clemson obviously almost certainly out of the picture, which leaves..... uh-oh!

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    Heard John Feinstein on the radio this morning and he was discoursing on the fact that the Orange Bowl has a contract with the ACC that mandates the top available team is in the game. Clemson obviously almost certainly out of the picture, which leaves..... uh-oh!
    If the #2 ACC team is unranked there won't be a second ACC team in the New Years Six Bowls just like last year. The PAC 12 also had only one representative last year, while the SEC had four. What would the ACC be without Clemson? This is why the coaches, athletic directors and conference commissioners have been resistant to giving automatic bids to conference champions.

By the way, Feinstein is the AP voter who I once heard say that he was using his vote to undermine the system. In the final AP poll following the 2006 season, he voted Boise State #1 despite the fact that Chris Petersen, a voter in the Coaches poll, didn't vote his team #1.

3. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    FWIW I dont think a matchup with Virginia would be a gimme for Clemson, especially if they're looking ahead to the playoff. ACC championship definitely a dangerous game for them.
    There are no strings on me

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    What would the ACC be without Clemson?
    The best basketball conference in the country

5. Collapse Details

The only matchup featuring ranked teams this week is #8 Penn State at #2 Ohio State, which begins the Buckeyes' back-to-back-to-back series against three top 13 teams. Will they run the table? A lot of the folks down here are counting their chickens before they hatch, talking as though a rematch of the 2007 national championship game is a foregone conclusion, but I'm superstitious and that kind of talk makes me nervous. By the way, the Big 10 and the SEC hold 11 of the top 16 spots in the current CFP rankings, and according to the football power index there's a big gap between the #2 and #3 conference.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-23-2019 at 01:14 PM.

6. Collapse Details

One week after Ohio State was the biggest favorite in Big 10 conference game history (52, Rutgers), LSU will be the biggest favorite in SEC history (43) when they host Arkansas tonight.

7. Collapse Details

Think the local school board will suspend Nick Saban for running up the score?

8. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Ohio State didn't exactly pile it on....but they did win...

9. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Ohio State didn't exactly pile it on....but they did win...
    Impressive when you consider they had three turnovers - including one that took a TD off the board after video review - and another dropped TD reception by Chris Olave just before halftime. Could have - indeed, should have - been 42-17.

Probably good to have a game like that heading into Xichigan week. The coaches have plenty of fodder to keep the team focused.
    There are no strings on me

10. Collapse Details

#2 team beats #8 by 11 and it's not good enough for some apparently.