Facts, Not Fiction

Page 53 of 104 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Talk about a dumbass. Is this a good enough reason for a coach to yank a player's scholarship?

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28185585

2. Collapse Details

To be honest, I don't care for "excessive celebration" flags. It is so subjective. Yes, yes, I know the kids know what not to do, yet...
    "A beautiful theory killed by an ugly fact."
    by Thomas Henry Huxley

3. Collapse Details

Personally, I'm getting a little tired of the "creative" end-zone celebrations, especially in the NFL, though the TV producers and cameramen, and therefore I suppose, the general public, are eating it up. It's not like a holding penalty in the trenches on a tough play, a 300 lb dude is trying to get to your quarterback and you're doing your best to stop him. The kid made a well-timed and conscious decision to go piss on Ole Miss. Don't know about yanking his scholarship, but a two or three game suspension seems reasonable, mostly because it helped lose them the game. Plus mopping up the locker room bathroom floors, since he was the one that pissed on it.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Talk about a dumbass. Is this a good enough reason for a coach to yank a player's scholarship?
    http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=28185585
    Wow.
    I would stack up some humbling tasks for the player to have to perform before he could even come to practice again, much less play. He owes all of Mippidom a profound apology.

5. Collapse Details

Schadenfreude - No matter how many of them know what it means, every last Miss St. player, coach and fan experienced this to the Nth degree.

What a dipstick! Ultimate selfish "look at me!" act. Isn't scoring a TD good enough any more? What's wrong with a resounding spike? Or hand that ball to a lineman and let him try to spike it to China.

I'm torn on celebrations. I remember "White Shoes" Johnson, the 'Skins' Smurfs and Fun-Bunch, the Ickey Shuffle, and others...but that all seemed joyous...not posturing and grandstanding...and at the time wouldn't get you 15 yards!!!
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

6. Collapse Details

I'm tired of the celebrations because it's like every...single...time someone scores we get some pre-planned and possibly rehearsed group-deal celebration (I guess I'm thinking NFL). If it was once in awhile, okay. Just like when Maurice Greene (or whoever it was) had his buddy spray his spikes with a fire extinguisher after a 100m win. That was a one-off thing and kind of funny. If variations of that kept coming over and over and over, well, too much.

7. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Im a bit torn, that performance was at least entertaining.. If I were an Ole Miss Frat boy Id still be laughing !!

The real problem is that it likely was at least 1/4 of the cost in losing that game. And that is the real problem. That and fact that their kicker sucks !!!
    Last edited by user4; 11-29-2019 at 04:11 PM.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Pego View Post
    To be honest, I don't care for "excessive celebration" flags. It is so subjective. Yes, yes, I know the kids know what not to do, yet...
    I don't have problem with it either but I can't condone a player deliberately hurting his team.

9. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    I'm tired of the celebrations because it's like every...single...time someone scores we get some pre-planned and possibly rehearsed group-deal celebration (I guess I'm thinking NFL). If it was once in awhile, okay. Just like when Maurice Greene (or whoever it was) had his buddy spray his spikes with a fire extinguisher after a 100m win. That was a one-off thing and kind of funny. If variations of that kept coming over and over and over, well, too much.
    I like the NFL celebrations....some of them are rather clever....shows it the more relaxed side....unlike college football that takes every game as a referendum especially the millionaire coaches.... college football is way too serious at times....nice if it lightened up once in awhile... in the end it's just a stupid game...

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    I like the NFL celebrations....some of them are rather clever....shows it the more relaxed side....unlike college football that takes every game as a referendum especially the millionaire coaches.... college football is way too serious at times....nice if it lightened up once in awhile... in the end it's just a stupid game...
    Sure, but if you know your celebration will get you -15, and you do it anyhow, you're an a-hole. If you DON'T know it will, you're an idiot. Either way, that dude looks bad.
    You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!