Facts, Not Fiction

Page 41 of 70 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    With college football, as we are seeing, there might be six or seven teams that could argue that they deserve to be in the playoffs.
    I guess it all depends on the meaning of the word "deserve", because IMO, if you're not undefeated, and your loss came to a lesser team, you deserve nothing. For example, I don't believe Oklahoma deserved a spot last year, but the Committee had to fill out the field. The only teams that deserved to be there were the three undefeated teams, Alabama, Clemson and Notre Dame.

Anyway, Minnesota moved up to #7 in the latest Coaches Poll behind #6 Oregon. Oregon needs Utah to win out and then clobber them in the PAC 12 Championship game.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/rankings
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-10-2019 at 06:22 PM.

2. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Meanwhile....538 today....

3. Collapse Details

Meanwhile, I am enjoying a moment in which Indiana is in the top 25 (coaches poll).

4. Collapse Details

I think Oklahoma was exposed as an imposter last night.

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Meanwhile....538 today....

I'm guessing some of the thought process here in Alabama being so low is that they haven't played anyone, they lost the one game they played vs. a good team and if they beat Auburn that will be one win against a decent team which could be a 3 loss team at that point. Meanwhile Oregon has a better chance according to 538 which I'm trying to figure out. Assuming Alabama and Oregon are one loss teams, Alabama will have beaten Auburn while Oregon lost to Auburn.

6. Collapse Details

Another reason why college football is so great is because it's the only sport in which you get to see spectacles like this scene in Minnesota yesterday, though college basketball does have these scenes on a mini-scale:

This would never happen in the NoFunLeague.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    I'm guessing some of the thought process here in Alabama being so low is that they haven't played anyone, they lost the one game they played vs. a good team and if they beat Auburn that will be one win against a decent team which could be a 3 loss team at that point. Meanwhile Oregon has a better chance according to 538 which I'm trying to figure out. Assuming Alabama and Oregon are one loss teams, Alabama will have beaten Auburn while Oregon lost to Auburn.
    But Oregon would have a win over Utah which might be ranked higher than any team Alabama will have beaten, and the Ducks would also be conference champions.

8. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    "After losing at home Saturday to No. 2 LSU, No. 3 Alabama also lost its one opportunity to dazzle the selection committee with a blockbuster win. Now, the Tide have almost no chance to win the SEC -- they would need to win out and see the Tigers to lose two of their final three games, against 4-6 Ole Miss, 2-8 Arkansas and 6-3 Texas A&M, just to have a shot at winning their division. Without a conference championship, Alabama will have to prove it is "unequivocally" one of the four best teams in the country. That seems like a tall task considering its next three games are against five-loss Mississippi State, FCS Western Carolina and Auburn. And the Tide's underwhelming schedule so far -- they have yet to beat a ranked team -- won't help, either."

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...mpression=true

9. Collapse Details

What if undefeated Baylor runs their B12 table?
    There's a Power-5 undefeated champion. They'd have to get in before a 1-loss team.
    I want Minn to win out and LSU to lose the SEC Game.
    I'd love to see
    Clemson
    Minnesota
    Baylor
    Georgia
    in the BCS games!!

10. Collapse Details

I would love to see Minnesota win out just to see more of PJ Fleck as he takes the Gopher nation along for the ride. That guy is a breath of fresh air.