Facts, Not Fiction

Page 19 of 48 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    LA Times reports that 63(!) players have left UCLA since Chip Kelly came aboard in 2017
    Apparently that wasn't enough to help the Red Tree Farmers in Thursday's game.

2. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Yep. From what I've read there are supposed to be a total of 11 episodes. Watching that old footage reminded me of Roger Staubach bemoaning the wussy game that modern football become after watching Peyton Manning engineer a game winning drive with the aid of two roughing-the-passer penalties. I can imagine an old-timer who played a hundred years ago bemoaning the wussy game being played in the eras of Night Train Lane, Dick Butkus and Ronnie Lott.
    Had to look up Night Train Lane.. wow!!
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Train_Lane

I dont know that I have ever read a greater life story than that.

3. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    here's a version of Night Train Lane story I've heard several times through the years:

<<...The headmaster had set aside parking for the Detroit players to not interfere with school activities. One individual, however, broke the rules by parking wherever he wanted.

The school asked coach George Wilson to find the culprit. At a team meeting, Wilson asked who it was that had “a late model Cadillac convertible with a pink body and a yellow top, wire rimmed wheels, a six-foot antenna rising off the trunk, and squirrel tails flaring off both rear fenders.”

Nary a hand rose as Wilson scanned the group. He repeated the description a second time as players’ eyes slowly began to turn towards the back of the room where Lane was slouching further down in his seat. They all knew it was Lane’s car.

Just as Wilson was about to repeat the description a third time, Lane raised his hand, asking in his iconic, slow West Texas drawl, “Coach Wilson, is that car a two-door or a four-door?”...>>

5. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    not a complete video, to be sure, but it certainly looks like the woman gets tossed the farthest and then all the "rescuers" run over to the wagon where the guy is

6. Collapse Details

Down go the Badgers! Down go the Badgers!

Wisconsin was a 31-point favorite and when Illinois kicked a field goal with no time left to eek out a 24-23 win, it was the first time the Badgers have trailed all year.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 10-19-2019 at 07:37 PM.

7. Collapse Details

And losing to Illinois....

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    not a complete video, to be sure, but it certainly looks like the woman gets tossed the farthest and then all the "rescuers" run over to the wagon where the guy is
    Even one guy goes around her on the ground to check the dumb wagon....chivalry is rather dead in Oklahoma....

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Down go the Badgers! Down go the Badgers!

Wisconsin was a 31-point favorite and when Illinois kicked a field goal with no time left to eek out a 24-23 win, it was the first time the Badgers have trailed all year.
    Tell us Jazz what you really think....Anyways the OSU game lost some meaning...who destroyed Northwestern in a game few saw.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Tell us Jazz what you really think....Anyways the OSU game lost some meaning...who destroyed Northwestern in a game few saw.
    I was looking forward to next week's showdown in Columbus, so I'm a little disappointed to be honest. This morning I checked the ticket price for the section I sat in a couple of weeks ago and with fees they were going for $500 each. I'm guessing prices will be dropping after today's debacle.