Facts, Not Fiction

Page 62 of 103 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by bambam1729 View Post
    Yeah, well, I don't care about a thing Dabo Sweeney says since his famous quote that he would not want to coach college football if the kids were paid - while he collects his $8 million salary along with bonuses.
    The worse thing about college football...the cluelessness of the coaches...

2. Collapse Details

Yeah, well, I don't care about a thing Dabo Sweeney says since his famous quote that he would not want to coach college football if the kids were paid - while he collects his $8 million salary along with bonuses.
    That definitely comes from his need for his players to be totally invested in the TEAM, and not be distracted by $$$. While I'm all for paying players a stipend on top of their scholarships, that will become a HUGE can of worms for everyone. Talk about restraint-of-trade suits! It's one thing to take away a scholarship; it's totally another to take money out of their pockets!

3. Collapse Details

Yeah, that's about as hypocritical as it gets. He also once bemoaned athletes engaging in political speech he didn't like, insisting that he supported free speech before saying "Some of these people need to move to another country. Some of them need to move to another country."

4. Collapse Details

from an IP that never sent jazz that PM, never !
    User4 stands by his prediction that Clemson will not make the championship game.

5. Collapse Details

The chatter among college football commentators yesterday is that Ohio State, LSU and Clemson have already clinched spots in the playoffs and are only playing for seeding. I think that may be true for Ohio State and LSU, but I'm not sure about Clemson.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    but I'm not sure about Clemson.
    You think that Virginia will beat 4-TD fave Clemson?!

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    You think that Virginia will beat 4-TD fave Clemson?!
    Of course not. Reread my post.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Of course not. Reread my post.
    my Englais not so bono - what means, "are only playing for seeding. I think that may be true for Ohio State and LSU, but I'm not sure about Clemson."?
    My feeble mind interprets that to mean that OhSt and LSU are playing for seeding; Clemson is playing just to make the final 4.

9. Collapse Details

Pretty sure Jazz was saying that some experts are implying all three teams were in (win or lose). He was simply saying if Clemson does lose, that he does not agree they are in.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    my Englais not so bono - what means, "are only playing for seeding. I think that may be true for Ohio State and LSU, but I'm not sure about Clemson."?
    My feeble mind interprets that to mean that OhSt and LSU are playing for seeding; Clemson is playing just to make the final 4.
    Correct. They think that none of the three need to win in order to make the playoffs but I think that Clemson might be out if the lose to Virginia because of their weak resume. What do you think?