Facts, Not Fiction

 
Page 39 of 63 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast
Results 381 to 390 of 621
  1. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Right next to a Gator filled pond
    Posts
    4,820
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    You want confusion? What if Oregon wins out, Ohio State loses a squeaker to Minnesota and LSU loses a squeaker to Georgia?
    Since I like all hell breaking loose, I hope this happens.

    Minnesota and Clemson are in. LSU would be in and I think Georgia would be in. I don't think Oregon has much of a case. Ohio State would.
    Reply With Quote
     

  2. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    By the way, if anyone is looking for proof that Ryan Day is a major upgrade for Ohio State in the head coach dept, look no further than the respective 2018/2019 Maryland games.

    2018 - OSU 52 -51 in OT

    2019 - OSU 73-14

    Day inherited a team that lost NINE players to the NFL draft this spring, including arguably the best QB in it's history, replaced with a sophomore transfer.

    Onward...
    Your single-data-point analysis notwithstanding, nine games in is still premature to say he's an upgrade over Meyer. Can he recruit? How do you know he's not another Larry Coker?

    And it should be pretty obvious that having a transfer quarterback at the helm is by no means a handicap, lest I remind you of the last two Heisman trophy winners and the current Heisman front-runner who you spent all of last year ridiculing as a worthless Buckeye reject that you were glad to see leave Columbus.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-10-2019 at 03:21 AM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  3. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    I'm surprised you have Oregon that high....
    They were ranked #7 this week and they were idle. Who else do you think deserves to jump them besides Minnesota?
    Reply With Quote
     

  4. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Posts
    12,025
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    Your single-data-point analysis notwithstanding, nine games in is still premature to say he's an upgrade over Meyer.
    No, it's not. Thank God Maryland didnt convert that 2-point conversion in OT last year or they'd still be sweating the gimme games, and probably have an L to Cincinnati.

    https://www.chicagotribune.com/sport...4zu-story.html


    Can he recruit?
    Yes

    http://www.espn.com/college-sports/f...194/class/2020


    ...the current Heisman front-runner who you spent all of last year ridiculing as a worthless Buckeye reject that you were glad to see leave Columbus.
    Wrong. I said he wasnt good enough to start for Ohio State. And if he were still there he'd still be #2.

    As for Burrow's Heisman "front-runner" status, he's fortunate that Fields is usually on the bench after halftime...
    There are no strings on me
    Reply With Quote
     

  5. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist
    it should be pretty obvious that having a transfer quarterback at the helm is by no means a handicap, lest I remind you of . . . . . the current Heisman front-runner who you spent all of last year ridiculing as a worthless Buckeye reject that you were glad to see leave Columbus.
    Wrong. I said he wasnt good enough to start for Ohio State. And if he were still there he'd still be #2.

    As for Burrow's Heisman "front-runner" status, he's fortunate that Fields is usually on the bench after halftime...
    You said a lot more than that about Burrow, including that he wasn't as good as Tate Martell who's currently sitting on the bench at Miami. You do realize that last year's college football thread still exists don't you? Do I need to cut and paste to refresh your memory. Of course you also said that Cardale Jones should have been ahead of Braxton Miller and JT Barrett on the depth chart so maybe you really do believe this stuff.

    Anyway, my larger point is that having a transfer quarterback in no way puts a team at disadvantage, whether he plays in Columbus, OH, Baton Rouge, LA or Norman OK.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-10-2019 at 04:32 AM.
    Reply With Quote
     

  6. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Posts
    12,025
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    You said a lot more than that about Burrow, including that he wasn't as good as Tate Martell who's currently sitting on the bench at Miami. You do realize that last year's college football thread still exists don't you? Do I need to cut and paste to refresh your memory..

    Feel free. It's a fact Burrow would have been #3 on the Ohio State depth chart last year, because of Urban Meyer's predilection for dual-threat QBs(I believe I said those exact words).

    I'm pretty sure Burrow could have beaten out Chris Chugunov for back-up this year though
    There are no strings on me
    Reply With Quote
     

  7. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Feel free. It's a fact Burrow would have been #3 on the Ohio State depth chart last year, because of Urban Meyer's predilection for dual-threat QBs(I believe I said those exact words).

    I'm pretty sure Burrow could have beaten out Chris Chugunov for back-up this year though
    So let me get this straight. You STILL believe that Martell, a bench warmer for a 6-4, unranked ACC team is better than Burrow, the starter for a 9-0, #2 ranked SEC team and the current Heisman front-runner?

    Anyway, we don't know what would have happened if Burrow had stayed in Columbus aside from the fact that he would sat on the bench behind Haskell which is why he transferred. Burrow might have hung around if he had known Haskell planned on turning pro at the end of the year. Obviously Day's hiring had something to do with Martell's transfer but who knows how it would have affected Burrow. Perhaps Fields wouldn't have transferred to Ohio State if Burrow had been in the picture.
    Reply With Quote
     

  8. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Posts
    12,025
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    So let me get this straight. You STILL believe that Martell, a bench warmer for a 6-4, unranked ACC team is better than Burrow, the starter for a 9-0, #2 ranked SEC team and the current Heisman front-runner?
    Dude, your reading comprehension needs work. I said Burrow would have been #3 LAST year. This year, yes, I believe he would be #2(behind Fields), even if Martell were still around, because of Day(and his system) being in charge.


    Perhaps Fields wouldn't have transferred to Ohio State if Burrow had been in the picture.
    I'm quite sure he would have, because if Burrow had stayed he would have been coming in this year as a backup, not with his 2018 LSU profile. No reason Fields would have feared him any more than he did Martell.
    There are no strings on me
    Reply With Quote
     

  9. Collapse Details
     
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Posts
    12,025
    Anyway, I think we both look forward to a LSU/OSU playoff matchup. It will be interesting to see how Burrow fares against the #1 defense(and #1 defensive player) in the country if it happens.
    There are no strings on me
    Reply With Quote
     

  10. Collapse Details
     
    Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    Anyway, I think we both look forward to a LSU/OSU playoff matchup. It will be interesting to see how Burrow fares against the #1 defense(and #1 defensive player) in the country if it happens.
    Yep, I think that's the game everyone wants to see now. When I went to see the Buckeyes play last month I had a feeling that they might be on a collision course with LSU. Their defense is the truth.

    EDIT: Why would Ohio State onsides kick against Maryland? That was a brilliantly drawn-up play that they may need later in the season against a much better team, but everybody is going to be ready for it now.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-10-2019 at 01:51 PM.
    Reply With Quote
     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •