Facts, Not Fiction

Page 36 of 72 FirstFirst ... 26343536373846 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

PJ Fleck got a big pay raise and contract extension this week and if I were him, I would retire there. If he leaves for one of the higher profile blueblood programs where he would coach in the shadows of legends, he could be out of a job in two years if he doesn't turn around, while at Minnesota, a pro city that has never won a Super Bowl, he can build his own legacy. Florida State was an afterthought when Bobby Bowden arrived and today he has his own statue on campus, and Dabo Swinney is on his way getting a statue at Clemson. Bowden and Swinney proved that you don't have to be a blueblood compete at the highest level.

2. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    Jazz, do you know when was the other time that there were two November/December games featuring undefeated teams, and who they were?
    No, I don't. I'll try to find out today.

3. Collapse Details

Jazz, just got back from a run, four hours before game time there are a moderate number of folks already tailgating in a parking lot along Boulder Creek near the stadium. Is that early enough for a 1 PM game time or could we still do better?

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by DrJay View Post
    Jazz, just got back from a run, four hours before game time there are a moderate number of folks already tailgating in a parking lot along Boulder Creek near the stadium. Is that early enough for a 1 PM game time or could we still do better?
    It's not just the number it's also the intensity. Alabama can match LSU's numbers but not the passion.

https://www.si.com/eats/2017/11/17/l...te-baton-rouge

5. Collapse Details

Fleck's up early.

THE university looking at 4 games lost for Young.

6. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    THE university looking at 4 games lost for Young.

Unlikely. That's Herbstreit's take, and even there he feels it will be reduced to 2 games on appeal. My bet is the initial ruling will be two games.

Regardless, OSU will be fine with or without him, certainly until at least the playoff.
    There are no strings on me

7. Collapse Details

Collegiate athletics always brings about interesting reactions.

8. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Wow....Gophers 9-0 for the first time since 1904....well our experiment is not over yet...

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    I which the Gophers well...but this argument will be moot after being clobbered by Penn State...
    Hmm . . . . . and now you know why they play the games. Be prepared to eat some more crow when the CFP poll comes out Tuesday night. lol

10. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    It will be interesting how far Penn State goes down and the Gophers go up....their paths will definitely cross....

Certainly glad they won my nephew ran cross country and track for Minnesota....alongside Ben Blankenship and Hassan Mead...