Facts, Not Fiction

Page 31 of 73 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    It absolutely does work that way when you still have murder's row on your schedule. The history of college football has many examples of teams catapulting themselves to the top of the polls after starting out the season at the bottom of the polls and even out of the polls. CFU wouldn't have been on the outside looking in the last two years if they had the same November schedule that Minnesota has.

Ah, so you have the same agenda as the media which is to discredit the system and create controversy, not pick the best teams.
    One thing to start in September at the bottom and move up and another starting in November.....I just don't think it will happen....

As to point 2...yeah....
    If you can't win the conference then you don't belong....

2. Collapse Details

There is no way an undefeated P5 champion does not get in the playoffs. Maybe some committee members would want to exclude, but as a collective there's no way.

3. Collapse Details

We'll most likely never know ...I just don't think a team can go from 17 to 4 in a month.

4. Collapse Details

Administrator
    Ah, so you have the same agenda as the media which is to discredit the system and create controversy, not pick the best teams.
    well there's a new one (to me) in the conspiracy-theory department

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by 502CD View Post
    There is no way an undefeated P5 champion does not get in the playoffs. Maybe some committee members would want to exclude, but as a collective there's no way.
    Especially Minnesota which would have wins over two teams likely to finish in the top 10. I'm not so sure about Baylor, which seems to go out of it's way the schedule the weakest non-conference schedule it can.

6. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gh View Post
    well there's a new one (to me) in the conspiracy-theory department
    What conspiracy? I've actually seen a writer with a vote in the AP poll admit to it, and I've seen plenty other national talking heads without a vote salivate for it on national TV.

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    We'll most likely never know ...I just don't think a team can go from 17 to 4 in a month.
    I've that sort of movement on a number of occasions but all you have to do is look at it logically to see what I'm talking about. If the Golphers finish 13-0, which would be the 4th team ranked ahead of them besides Alabama, Clemson and LSU?

8. Collapse Details

In the Chicago Tribune today ..I suppose it is possible...

The Gophers will surge if they beat Penn State on Saturday at home. They can keep climbing by winning at No. 18 Iowa and at home against Wisconsin. Then they would take on Ohio State or Penn State for the Big Ten title.

A lot has to happen for Minnesota to surge 13 spots. Ohio State made the greatest climb in CFP history, getting in at No. 4 after starting at No. 16 in 2014.

But even more stunning things would have to transpire for the Gophers, at 13-0, to be excluded.

9. Collapse Details

I've that sort of movement on a number of occasions but all you have to do is look at it logically to see what I'm talking about. If the Golphers finish 13-0, which would be the 4th team ranked ahead of them besides Alabama, Clemson and LSU?
    The Ducks of course if they win out....Quack!

10. Collapse Details

In the Chicago Tribune Monday...