Facts, Not Fiction

Page 30 of 72 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by guru View Post
    If you're Clemson you're pulling for LSU this weekend. Hard.
    Why does that game matter to Clemson? If they lose they're done anyway.

2. Collapse Details

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogery- chwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
    I believe LSU still gets in with a loss. Bama will need alot of help, assuming LSU wins out and keeps Bama out of the SEC championship game. They just wont have the resume(unless both Ohio State and Penn State collapse). Certainly unbeaten Clemson will jump one-loss Bama.
    There are no strings on me

3. Collapse Details

I agree with all of this except the first part. If LSU loses to Alabama, I think they will need, Baylor, the Big 10 Champion or Clemson to lose. I can't see the Committee picking a one-loss LSU over an undefeated Clemson.

4. Collapse Details

On second thought, I'm not so sure Baylor controls it's own destiny. Their 3 non-conference wins are against 0-9 Rice and two bad FCS teams with a combined record of 4-13. Would beating Oklahoma twice jump them past a one-loss LSU? Minnesota, on the other hand, will be just fine if they win out despite their #17 ranking.

5. Collapse Details

Despite their current ranking, Clemson is the biggest lock for a spot in the playoffs. Now, of course, they could lose but their schedule is pretty easy as the ACC doesn't have much in the way of competition this year. Two teams ahead of them will lose at least one game.

As others have said, a one loss Clemson team is probably out.

6. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Be great if Minnesota went undefeated and still missed out....I think highly unlikely to beat Penn State and OSU...

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    Be great if Minnesota went undefeated and still missed out....I think highly unlikely to beat Penn State and OSU...
    There is absolutely no way a 13-0 Minnesota would be left out of the playoffs but why do you think it would be so great if they were?

8. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    I don't see Minnesota jumping from 17 to 4...this late in the season...it just doesn't work that way...

Be great because it would show the need to expand to 8 teams...conference champs plus 3...

9. Collapse Details

I don't see Minnesota jumping from 17 to 4...this late in the season...it just doesn't work that way...
    It absolutely does work that way when you still have murder's row on your schedule. The history of college football has many examples of teams catapulting themselves to the top of the polls after starting out the season at the bottom of the polls and even out of the polls. CFU wouldn't have been on the outside looking in the last two years if they had the same November schedule that Minnesota has.

Be great because it would show the need to expand to 8 teams...conference champs plus 3...
    Ah, so you have the same agenda as the media which is to discredit the system and create controversy, not pick the best teams.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    Despite their current ranking, Clemson is the biggest lock for a spot in the playoffs. Now, of course, they could lose but their schedule is pretty easy as the ACC doesn't have much in the way of competition this year. Two teams ahead of them will lose at least one game.
    I agree with this. Clemson is in the most enviable position.