Facts, Not Fiction

Page 28 of 69 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    Great night for the Ducks....

2. Collapse Details

And then there were 11. The way I see it, of the 130 FBS teams, 119 of them have been eliminated from playoff contention with 5 weeks left to go in the regular season, barring chaos during the month of November. 8 of them, Alabama, Baylor, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Minnesota, Ohio State and Penn State, control their own destiny, and another 3, Oklahoma, Oregon and Utah can get in with a little help. Any predictions on who will be the final 4?

As for USC's woes, the word on the street is that Urban Meyer may be coming to the rescue.
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-03-2019 at 02:13 PM.

3. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post
    And then there were 11. The way I see it, of the 130 FBS teams, 119 of them have been eliminated from playoff contention with 5 weeks left to go in the regular season, barring chaos during the month of November. 8 of them, Alabama, Baylor, Clemson, Georgia, LSU, Minnesota, Ohio State and Penn State, control their own destiny, and another 3, Oklahoma, Oregon and Utah can get in with a little help. Any predictions on who will be the final 4?

As for USC's woes, the word on the street is that Urban Meyer may be coming to the rescue.
    Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson andddddddd......Oregon.

Meyer was also mentioned for the Florida State job although that would seem unlikely to me.

4. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    Ohio State, Alabama, Clemson andddddddd......Oregon.
    A tight game and the Bama-LSU loser might stay in. SEC bias is enormous (not that they don't earn it on the field too!).

5. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    A tight game and the Bama-LSU loser might stay in. SEC bias is enormous (not that they don't earn it on the field too!).
    I don't disagree. I'm just trying to get someone else in there. I keep thinking that, at some point, the committee decides a school from the West needs to be in there with all other factors somewhat equal.

Chances are at least one of Bama, Ohio State or Clemson trips up. Have we had three undefeated at the end of the season recently or even not recently?

6. Collapse Details

???? ???? in Ronald MacDonald's Home Town, and once a Duck always a Duck.
    At this point if Oregon wins out...I would wager they are in...

7. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NotDutra5 View Post
    Have we had three undefeated at the end of the season recently or even not recently?
    In the Championship era 2018, 2010, 2009, 2004
    Last edited by jazzcyclist; 11-04-2019 at 04:29 AM.

8. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Conor Dary View Post
    At this point if Oregon wins out...I would wager they are in...
    That's a good bet. They still need a little help but they need the least amount of help among the teams that don't control their own destiny.

9. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcyclist View Post

Meyer to the rescue if he is a fool. USC has so many internal/PR problems he would be wis to stay away.

10. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
    Meyer to the rescue if he is a fool. USC has so many internal/PR problems he would be wis to stay away.
    Pardon my French, but WTF?! He walked away from both UF and OhioSt with 'health' issues. He said being with his wife was more important than coaching.